Best treatment bath dust mix for treating and preventing ringworm?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brenny

I came across this post by Forever Feisty Chinchilla Rescue about using Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) mixed with bath dust for treating ringworms (reference: see "Fungus"). I also read that some people add sulfur powder (reference: click here) or over the counter antifungus foot powder (as mentioned by many webpages including posts in this forum) to bath dust. I wonder which one of these three products are the best (safe and effective)? Or should I mix a bit of everything together with bath dust? I see a custom mix product sold online use a mixture of DE, Sulfur and other antifungal ingredients (reference: see "Anti-Fungal Bathing Dust"). Did anyone try this product before?

Thank you for any suggestions and advice. :giggle:

Some discussions I read about DE which I paste here for anyone who's interested.
1. Diatomaceous Earth Anyone?
2. Fun Facts Answers: Q 4 - CHINCHILLAS - Research Animal Resources
3. https://deguworld.proboards.com/thread/20245/diatomaceous-earth-degus
4. can you use Diatomaceous earth for chinchilla powder? | Yahoo Answers
5. Exotic Animal Medicine for the Veterinary Technician

I didn't read everything you linked to, but I use Tinactin antifungal foot powder in their dust baths when they have ringworm. If that doesn't help, I go with topical Blu-Kote once or twice a day for 10 days.

Back