Best Place to buy Kiln Dried Pine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
Hello,
It's been a while since I've posted here but I really need some advice. I'm looking to redo my chin's cages entirely and I'm looking for the best place to buy Kiln Dried Pine lumber.
I used to get it at Menards but last time I took a look they were out.
In my area we have Lowe's,Menards, Fleet Farm, and Home Depot.
Thanks in advance!

My Home Depot has it. And if I'm in the mood to play the blonde card and giggle I can usually get it cut for free at the tool rental place. Not sure if it's the flirting or they assume I'll cut my hand off but it works!

We get ours from Home Depot or Lowe's. They might call it white pine (husband gets it) you will need to ask someone.

personally, i dont like having them cut it. They go fast and use ripping blades here. Which leaves a lot of splintery wood which i would then have to take off and sand down.

I asked Home depot for kiln dried white pine and the guy gave me "common board" Is that correct? I read somewhere that common board is made of whatever and they dont guarantee what wood it is.
I also bought "select pine" from Lowes, but didnt ask anyone there if it was kiln dried. Has anyone used that?

They are both sitting in my living room because im afraid to use it hhaha.

The select pine from our Lowe's is kiln dried. It usually has a sticker on one of the ends that has the KD stamp on it.

Back