Bertie - A QUESTION

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alanson009

So mentioned in a previous thread took Bertie to the vets XMAS eve, vet could see food lodged/wedged in gum causing irritation, this was removed. Was given Baytril things returned to normal.

Cutting to the chase, the baytril prevented him from eating. Once this ceased we had a good XMAS period. Yesterday i noticed the drooling had sadly returned so I booked to see the vet again. He had a full dental/oral and x-ray. A Spur was found, the "theory" is the wedged food may has caused some misalignment when chewing hence the spur.

Anyway he come home, he took critical care like an absolute champion, straight from the spoon no problem, he even took some probiotic too.

My question: He ate and drunk through the night is going a toilet fine. There still seems to be some drool post op. 3 out of 5 "experts breeders, one vet" says this can be normal post dental. I am seeking advice is this the case? When should i see an improvement

Back