Bella...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Trouble....
I'm so sorry, Bells. If I'd have been home, I'd have never let her lock Shadow in the basement. How he got the cage open, I don't know. I'm so unbelievably sorry. Cleaning the cage isn't going to be the same without you jumping onto my back or shoulder, and I'm never going to see you cuddled up with Cead and Cuda anymore. I'm so so sorry.

20466_238478891685_663306685_3377159_5782319_n.jpg

25520_377385316685_663306685_3863612_249334_n.jpg

P6120132.jpg

Last edited:
She was my Christmas present from Keith last year. Our first Christmas... He even had my sister in it who can't keep a secret, and she was a total sweetheart from the beginning, always there to greet you at the cage and ready to jump onto your shoulder or into your hands. There was no "bonding period" with her, she was just already a love. I can't believe she's gone...

Shadow is my boyfriend's husky... He keeps blaming himself even though he didn't put Shadow in the basement. We were at Blockbuster.

How horrific! I can't imagine how you feel. That is so sad.

I'm very sorry to hear of your tragic loss. :flowers4:

I'm so sorry :( My heart goes out to you, your boyfriend and your other chinnies who will miss her.

I'm so so sorry Ash, I hope you and Keith will be able to find peace soon. RIP sweet Bella

:flowers5::flowers6::flowers4:

Thanks, guys.

Our biggest confusion is how he got locked down there... keith's mom was the only one home at the time and doesn't remember seeing or hearing him go down. I miss my Bells... she was a brat at times, but she was still my most outgoing chin. Cead was out of the cage, too, but she hid behind stuff. We can only figure that instead of hiding, Bella was her usual curious self...

Ash,

I've read this thread several times, and wanted to reach out and say I'm sincerely sorry for your lost. I just got my boys today and I already have a soft spot in my heart for them. I also have a very curious dog, whom I'm keeping away from their cage as he's very nosey, not in a dangerous way but just very curious. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to cause your sweet girl to pass away? If it's too painful to go into details I understand. But if I'm assuming correctly, I will always make sure my dog never has access to them.

Again my sincerest apologies for your loss. I know she will be greatly missed.
la amada, Bella

Stitch, I didn't see anything but basically from my understanding there wasn't much left for keith and his dad to clean up...

I'm very sorry as well. Try not to dwell on it too much. It was a unfortunate and tragic but essentially a mistake. I hope you can feel better soon.

Back