Bath After A Bath

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchillaville13

Okay, you all might remember my chinchilla Pedro. He likes to run around and watch The Simpsons.

So, we let him out in the bathroom to run around and watch The Simpsons. Apparently, Pedro likes to swim!

The toilet lid was up, and Pedro jumped right in. We got him out okay, and took a nice dust bath afterwards. He's dry and all, but should I do anything else to make sure he's good?

It's kind of late now, but make sure he is fully dry, use a hair drier on low or now heat and fluff the fur. Their fur is too thick to dry on it's own and if left wet or even damp can end up getting mold or fungal growth. Also depending on how much got wet, like if his head got wet, keep a close eye on him for signs of pneumonia, coughing, acting lethargic, etc.

It's kind of late now, but make sure he is fully dry, use a hair drier on low or now heat and fluff the fur. Their fur is too thick to dry on it's own and if left wet or even damp can end up getting mold or fungal growth. Also depending on how much got wet, like if his head got wet, keep a close eye on him for signs of pneumonia, coughing, acting lethargic, etc.
All he got wet was his legs, belly, and some of his tail. I dried him off as much as I could (he seemed to want to just run around some more). He has been acting sort of lazy, but not out of the normal. He likes to sleep all day and annoy the hell out of us at night.

Back