Bass pans fit CN?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenko

Hi! First-time chin owner-to-be here, doing some research to make sure I have the comfiest and safest setup for my chin when he arrives (in two weeks!)

After reading through the forums, I've decided on a Critter Nation Double-Level cage, and I plan to swap out the plastic for Bass pans and fit them with fleece liners, as recommended by many members. However, I have one question about the dimensions; many people seem to suggest that the FN and CN have the same dimensions, but on Midwest's website, the FN's dimensions are listed as 36"L x 25"W x 63 1/4"H, while the CN's dimensions are 36"L x 24"W x 63"H. Does the extra inch on the FN's width make a difference when it comes to snugly fitting the Bass Pans (34-5/8" x 22-5/8 "x 2-1/2")?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give! :)

I have bass pans in my double level CN. So long as you can open the doors all the way back to install the pans they fit great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

When you call Bass to order I would just tell them the pans are for a Critter Nation, I am sure they have made pans for that cage before. I did have a customer try to measure what size pans they needed for their cage and they didn't fit, but Bass already has the correct measurements.

I have bass trays in my critter nation. There the same size as the Ferret Nation. Just ask for the Ferret Nation pans.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I have a question about the pans. I'm getting ready to order some and was going to get them from The Bass company that many of you have, but I seen that they are not finished and I would have to do that myself. Is this true? Also has anyone ordered the pans from TFC. Their pans are Pre-Painted Galv. Metal Bottom Tray 3" High - Midwest Ferret/Critter Nation Cage. http://www.chinchilla.ca/items.php?ProductID=MW6000&Name=Cage Accessories&source=acces

The pans from Bass Equipment Co. are finished and ready to place inside your cage when they arrive to you. I've always wiped them down first before placing them inside my cages.

Back