Bars of FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

In two weeks or so my two boys will be getting an entirely new cage. It'll be a double Ferret Nation, but I know that the bars of CN and FN can be difficult to clean and get the dust out. Does anyone know any tips and tricks for cleaning the bars, cage corners, etc. of a Ferret Nation for deep cleaning purposes?

I have a small scrub brush I use to get into the more hard to reach places, like this.
1579557973327.png
Otherwise I just wipe down the bars with a rag, I don't find it difficult to clean at all. I know some people also, when it's nice out, will wheel the cage outside and hose it down or even take a pressure washer to it.

I have a small scrub brush I use to get into the more hard to reach places, like this.
View attachment 20814
Otherwise I just wipe down the bars with a rag, I don't find it difficult to clean at all. I know some people also, when it's nice out, will wheel the cage outside and hose it down or even take a pressure washer to it.
How often do you normally clean the bars and such? Also, what cleaning solution do you use when cleaning the bars, corners, etc.?

How often do you normally clean the bars and such? Also, what cleaning solution do you use when cleaning the bars, corners, etc.?
I try to get the bars and cage itself cleaned about once a month (liners get changed about once a week and poop and hay clean up daily). I just use the 50/50 vinegar/water mix, I keep it in a spray bottle, then wipe everything down with a damp rag.

Back