Barking Chinchilla.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodysChinchillas

<- Pooper Scooper
So, I'm not new to the whole "barking" thing with chinchillas but, one of my chinchillas (a 3 year old, beige, female) will constantly bark if I don't give her at least 30 minutes of constant attention every night. Now my question is, is she just barking because she wants me to come back and scratch her some more, or does she have some kind of social anxiety? She doesn't bark when I'm scratching her, or when I'm playing with her, but she makes a bark that is very similar to a warning bark when I walk away. She's a very vocal chin as it is, and I was just wondering.

It seems she's got you trained quite well! My boys don't bark when they want attention, they sit on their top shelf on their back legs with their front paws folded across their chests, staring at me, waiting for scritches. If I ignore them, Zoid will shake the cage door until I look and then assume the position.
They are very smart little critters and if something works to get your attention, you can bet they will keep trying it over and over. :)

Vincenza only barked at me when it appeared she felt I was spending too much time at Cinnamon's cage.

The rest of the time she runs around and stares at me until I come say hi :)

They will find ways to train you!

Back