Bar Biting

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justchinchillin

my chinchilla has lost his mind lmao. he will not stop biting the bars of his cage all night long. I have to have him in my bedroom, and it's near impossible to sleep without ear plugs deeply implanted in our ears. my boyfriend is so frustrated and I am too. he has toys. he has play time daily. he gets treats and chews all the time literally. maybe I need more toys but I'm not sure. he stops momentarily as soon as I turn on the light and look at him. is he just being a little turd to play some kind of attention seeking game? it seems like that to me. I'm gonna set up a camera overnight while we're at my dads for Christmas Eve and see if he does it when we're not here. I've read very, very old posts (2009) saying ignore him, which would be easier if we didn't have to wake up with the rest of humanity. I would love to be nocturnal with my rodents but I cannot. I had a hammy who did this too and I sincerely believe they want attention. he would stop after I got him out and held him for a bit. can't do that with Eros cuz he hates being held unless he initiates it. he has fo be the one to literally hop into your arms or it ain't happening. I can't let him play with the bf sleeping (or trying to)

maybe I'll get a little pack n play or something for him lmao I have such little space though ughhhh I wish he'd stop this :( it's 2:03am here by the way.

I attached pics of my baby. he's so cute but a real butthole sometimes. even got one of the obnoxiously loud cage bite.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20221208-105620.jpg
    VideoCapture_20221208-105620.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 0
  • VideoCapture_20221208-105351.jpg
    VideoCapture_20221208-105351.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 0
Hi! What type of chew toys are they? Maybe the chew toys aren’t necessarily helping his teeth or he doesn’t like them at all. I’m guessing it could also be some stress? Or I could guess that he wants even more playtime? Chins are very funny babies and they all have different and unique personalities as some may be “petty” lol. He might be wanting to play a little bit more just like a toddler throws a tantrum to play a while longer before going to sleep. I would also check if he’s showing any other signs of stress? I’m no expert, just trying to help!

Back