Balm On Chin Fur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

One of my chins is very squirmy and doesn't like to be held, but I have to hold him when applying balm on his dry ears which causes some.. slippage when it comes to putting the balm on his ear from my fingertip. So now there's a pretty visible amount of balm residue around his ears on his head and even on his forehead. (No idea how that happened. :rolleyes:) It makes that area look like he's never had a dust bath! Any help on how to remove it is greatly appreciated.

Since it's not an area they can lick off I would just give dust baths to get rid of it. A little goes a long way so also maybe try using less next time.

How many dust baths should he have? His usual is every Wednesday and Sunday. Should I just stick with that, or give him shorter sessions in between just to remove the balm residue? I'm giving him balm about every other day, so I'd hate to put it on and then give him a dust bath on the same day. It seems like it'd ruin the effect the balm has.

Yeah you don't want to bathe him right after putting the bag balm on, it will just stick to it. What I meant to say is it will come off in the dust baths. Just do bath like normal it shouldn't cause an issue, unless there is a big glob, in that case wipe as much off with a paper towel as you can. If you really want to you could try rubbing a little bit of dust into the spot the balm is in his fur, until it's time for his next bath, but he might not like that.

Yeah you don't want to bathe him right after putting the bag balm on, it will just stick to it. What I meant to say is it will come off in the dust baths. Just do bath like normal it shouldn't cause an issue, unless there is a big glob, in that case wipe as much off with a paper towel as you can. If you really want to you could try rubbing a little bit of dust into the spot the balm is in his fur, until it's time for his next bath, but he might not like that.
Alright, that's what I thought. Both of the boys have a little bit of dirt on the inside of their ear, but nowhere near the canal where it could be a sign of infection. Would I just wipe it off with a paper towel?

If it's not where it can bother them or cause a problem I would just leave it alone, I'm sure putting the balm on the ears is bugging them enough.

Back