Bad dreams or seizures? Daily

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanofdmb84

it IS called 'fur'-niture
This has been going on a while, but since it never amounts to anything, I'm not overly concerned. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen anything similar.

One of my females sleeps in a tube that is suspended about 8" from the floor of her cage. She will make a raspy grunting noise, sometimes a little bit of a squeak, and then fall out of the tube onto the cage floor below. She lays there for a few seconds (less than 5), and then pops up and continues about her activities as if nothing had happened.

At first I thought she was just in a deep sleep but now I wonder if perhaps she is having mild seizures. It happens fairly regularly, if I'm in the room long enough I'll notice it once per day or less. It's over too quickly for me to get a recording of it. She only eats pellets and isn't active when it happens. The room rarely gets above 67.

Anyone have a chin who falls out of bed?

My youngest boy, Gizmo fell off the shelf he was sleeping on a few times when he first came to live with me. Thankfully it was the lowest shelf, about 5-6 inches off the floor. Now he makes sure that the other boy, Mazlow, sleeps on the outside and he sleeps on the inside. Mazlow is used as a "bed rail".

Dale falls out of bed all the time. He likes to sleep perched on the very edge of the shelf or top of the house, and will fall fast asleep and then plop. He usually scares the crap out of himself when it happens and sits kind of stunned for a few seconds.

Back