back flipping chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firestar

raz's newest thing is to do back flips over her bath house. i caught her doing it last week, just a few times, but now she'll do a back flip over it 10-12 times in a row for no good reason! i've even caught her doing a few back flips when the bath house isn't there, but only ever in the location where her bath house would be. twice she landed on poor zero as he was walking in her landing zone. is this normal or is she a few fries short of a happy meal? do i need to be concerned?

Don't know if its normal, but I sure wish mine would do it. Its sounds adorable.

Is she a pink white? Heh.

This is pretty normal, I have one guy who does this all the time. :)

I second that question. I have heard more than once that white chins seem to be crazier than most and do back flips and all sorts of antics to amuse themselves and their owners.

Susan has a PW backflipper named Jack! He's awesome. He does it totally on command too. I think she needs to put up a video sometime :)

raz's newest thing is to do back flips over her bath house. i caught her doing it last week, just a few times, but now she'll do a back flip over it 10-12 times in a row for no good reason! i've even caught her doing a few back flips when the bath house isn't there, but only ever in the location where her bath house would be. twice she landed on poor zero as he was walking in her landing zone. is this normal or is she a few fries short of a happy meal? do i need to be concerned?

Just a caution. Neurological disorders can cause back flipping, and they obviously are not a good thing. This neurological disorder affects multiple types of different animals, but I've been told the occurrence in cats is the most commonly known and understood.

Not trying to say yours has this, but it is something to be aware of. It's not always fun and games.
Linda

I have a chin who instead of turning around to sniff something he bends his back until there is a large curve in his back to sniff it. He's a white/mosiac :D

my mosiac will do back bends to check things out, but raz is a standard. maybe she has identity issues & thinks she's a mosiac? thanks guys!

I have a standard grey male that does this ALL night long. He flips over the fleece tube over and over and over again. LOL!

Back