Baby pics - need name suggestions!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my two new kits that arrived from my friend Leahs chinchilla, they where born on sunday morning.

Any name ideas?
Give me names for boys or girls, haven't sexed them yet!

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 81
They are too cute. I'm glad they are doing well!!

They are so cute. I'm terrible with names. All of my animals have people names.

I use my favorite characters from movies or books I'm interested in at the time, or really famous people from history.
I think my favorite (Besides my current lovies) was Calvin Coolidge the dwarf hamster...or maybe Vincent Price the betta fish.
In chin breeding and babies there is a sticky FAQ with pictures illustrating baby parts, so that you can sex your chins while sitting at the computer if you want.

Also, I am confused by your and Cuddle Bug's wording--are these babies separated from their mother? (Not sure if Cuddle Bug meant "don't tell us that they're separated already" or "please let everyone know they aren't separated from mom", and not sure if you meant that they "arrived" from Leah's Chinchilla, or got dropped off after Leah's chinchilla gave birth)
Just wondering!

Sounds like to me they were born sunday from Leahs chin and the breeder provided pics? They are adorable!

The kits are cute but I'm a little confused, didn't your mom make you downsize in the cage department? Where are these 2 little furballs going to go?

I rescued a ferret once and I didn't know how to tell the sex so I named it Lola, after the Kink's song about the transgender guy. Turns out it was a boy (even though the person who owned it before said he thought it was a girl...and the guy named it Butthead....). I gave it to MAFF and he was adopted out and renamed Beano.

Also, I am confused by your and Cuddle Bug's wording--are these babies separated from their mother? (Not sure if Cuddle Bug meant "don't tell us that they're separated already" or "please let everyone know they aren't separated from mom", and not sure if you meant that they "arrived" from Leah's Chinchilla, or got dropped off after Leah's chinchilla gave birth)
Just wondering!

I was wanting to know if they are permanently separated from their mother already. If they are, they need to go back to her for 6 to 8 weeks.

Adorable! They are both pink whites!

FYI, everyone, we've been talking to Shawn in chat. The kits are with their mother at his place. His friend(her name is Leah) had this chinchilla...from what I understand Leah's mom did a kind of impulse buy and got the chinchilla as a surprise for Leah? Anyhow...they couldn't/didn't want to keep her and wanted to sell her to whomever. Sean got her and she ended up having babies just a few days after he got her.

ooo they are sssssssoooooooooo cute! You could name them...:hmm: Lucky, Charlie, Charm, Oreo, Cookie, Bear or Ash. Sorry that's all I could think of, well not really I could spend all day naming chinchillas!;) Have fun with them!

How about

Gender Neutral:
Cirrus and Smoke
Graphite and Carbon
Windy and Stormy

Girl and Boy:
Ashley and Ashton
Lilly and Leo
Candy and Cole

Linda- Thanks for clearing it up.

Those are all great names! I've decided to name the whiter one Rocky!
Also, my mom finally gave in and purchased bass pans when momma had her baby, so when those arrive the kits should be big enough to move into the FN without any worry about them slipping through the bars.

im going to say stretch for the light one (because of the last picture) and george for the darker one (as in curious george because of the first picture.

Back