Average cost for Ebony?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost11

I am picking up my baby chinchilla this Sunday, and I was wondering what the average cost is for a Male Homozygous Ebony? He will be 8 weeks on the 18th. Comes from a reputable breeder near me. So, what do you think?

Most ebonies I've seen are between $150 and $200. I will be picking up my new baby Dec. 8th. He is a beautiful white ebony and I paid $225 for him.

My extra dark ebony girls were $225 each. BTW your chin is probably an extra dark ebony not a "homo ebony" as homozygous refers to genotype not phenotype :)

I charge $160 - $300. It depends on it's age, quality and if it has been shown or not.

When I do have them available they never stick around long regardless of price. :))

Thanks guys for the input, I pick up on Sunday and am excited. I paid a great price and evidently very, very fair. :)

My dark ebs are usually around $200. Sometimes less if it's a pet only home or they have purchased from me before, or are getting more than one animal at a time.

I think I paid $125 for mine...but she's TINY and pet-quality only because of her size (although she is pedigreed)

Back