At last!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newt

Hi all, got a story here!

So I had a bit of a rough time when I was pregnant with my daughter. I developed Gestational Diabetes and Obstetric Cholestasis, which was frankly awful to deal with! I was very sick, and very very glad when my healthy wee daughter was born.

Anyways, I found the transition from full time work (I worked until three weeks before delivery heheheh) to full time mum surprisingly easy. Except it was just a little boring.
I started to eat more. Filling in the time I suppose. Before I knew it, over the following year, I ballooned from 59kg (130lbs) to a massive 72kg (159lbs). I'm only 5' tall, so it was a huge change for me. I felt gross, so unhealthy.

Not long after my daughter turned 1, hubby and I decided to try for another baby. I went to see the doctor, as I was worried about the previous pregnancy complications.
He was brutally honest, and I have to say I'm glad. He told me my bmi was now registering in the "obese" catagory, and that I should lose at least 10kg before trying to conceive.

It was the wake up call I needed.

I started with short walks; just 30mins was all I could manage. My knees hurt and I hated it, but I did it every day.
I cut all sugar from my diet, with the exception of fruit. This made me grumpy as ****, as I have a killer sweet-tooth.

After a month I walked for an hour every night. I even recruited a neighbour to come with me for company! She was losing weight for her wedding, so we kept each other going.
She stopped coming out after the weeding though, which was sad, but I kept going. Cut to six months in, and I started to run.

Anyways, almost a year to the day after that doctors visit, I was down to 54kg (119lbs). Happy happy happy!

It took several more months of trying, but.... I am pregnant again at last!!!
18kg lost, and baby number two gained!!!
It's still early days yet (I probably shouldnt even be telling anyone yet, but I just cant help it!!), but I'm sure all will be well :)

Moral of the story: if you're trying to lose weight, find out what inspires you to make that change. I wanted a baby more than I wanted cookies, so that's what I had to remind myself.

If I can do it, anyone can!!
Thanks for reading xxxx

Congrats!!!!!! I have lost 40lbs in the last 6 months, am off the blood pressure meds and now I am a size 4, I did it by eating food only in its natural form, nothing processed, no dark meat, butter, oil, just lean protein and veggies with spices from around the world. I have been training for MX with a trainer, that in enough exercise!

Thanks so much!! The morning sickness sucks, but hopefully that will be gone soon :)

And well done Dawn, that's an awesome weight loss! What is MX, by the way?

Back