Arlington DONATIONS

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NOLA Chins

With vet approval, the chins can now start getting donations of chew items, pumice stone and toys. The TX SPCA is willing to accept shipment and will take donations to the holding facility.

I would suggest having your supplier send stuff to the TX SPCA direct and taking payment in their usual way. Pet Products By Nature has a $150 order going out this afternoon. Any donations by Paypal are appreciated. I will cover the balance.

If you are a supplier and would like to do the same, please post your info so people can start contributing.

Oxbow is sending a large order of hay, pellets, etc from their area distributor and from their facility so the basics are covered for chins, guinea pigs and hamsters.

Please mark all donations 'CHINCHILLA DONATION' and send to:

SPCA of Texas
Attn: Ann Barnes
2400 Lone Star Drive
Dallas, TX. 75212

I don't have enough supplies at the moment to really do much good-- but I could sew up a bunch of hammocks. Do you think eventually they'd be able to use something like that? Would it be prudent to start getting them ready and then send them when they start accepting items like that (or arrive at their final "adoption" destination?)

Last edited:
Jeff and I are happy to donate the wood for the chins in Arlington. A shipment of 40 pounds has gone out today in 4 large flat rate boxes. Any help with the shipping charges will be greatly appreciated. Our paypal address is [email protected].

What we have sent will probably keep the 70 remaining chins chewing on good healthy and safe chews for a week or 2 and any donations above the $54 for today's shipment will be used toward another shipment of pumice stones and more woods. Thanks!

On the hammocks, I would hold off. If possession is given to rescues, I am sure they will be wanted. Right now there are not enough cages and most chins are same-sex doubled-up. I do wonder how that is working. The only vet approval I have is for chew items and what Oxbow is covering.

Paypal: www.PetProductsByNature.com has a button or address to use. I just talked to Barbi and they are donating the wood, but help with the shipping will be appreciated. There will be 4 large Priority mail boxes going out this afternoon for delivery by Saturday with luck.

I guess I should look into putting a Paypal button on our site but I have never felt real comfortable with accepting cash unless it is with a surrender or adoption. Nothing wrong with others doing it by any means. We will see. We are not rich but our needs are very simple.

If we take possession, I will post what we need: water bottles and food bowls, Blue Cloud, gift cards for Lowes, Homedepot, PetsMart, Petco and Double M Feed (our local supplier) as well as Walmart or other cards for gas. Cash donations by credit card to our rescue account at our vet will be helpful as all chins we get will be given a thorough exam even though they have been triaged. Chins being picked up or delivered directly from Dallas will not. Even with a great discount from our vets the exams will run about $700 - $1000+ depending on the need for x-rays, blood work or meds.

Kleenmamma's Hayloft has offered to donate hay if we pay shipping. Up to $150 shipping! :) Paypal them for our account if you want to help. If it is not used it will be refunded.

The defense rested its case. it is now up to the judge. A ruling is expected next week. I am told there can be no appeal. This is it, people. This time next week the chins will be returned or we need to be ready.

"If we take possession, I will post what we need: water bottles and food bowls, Blue Cloud"

Blue Sparkle and LM Farms are certainly fine, too. In the next few days I will, if needed, post a list of receiving rescues and others. They can be contacted direct if you want to help.

Read the above posts, I can't be much clearer:

"If we take possession, I will post what we need". "If possession is given to rescues" " If it is not used it will be refunded"

Come by Tuesdays, that's when I throw money out the window.

Last edited:
Hang on to it till next week. The supplies are sufficient for the time being. Thank you!

We ARE ready for donations at this time to:
1. Pet Products By Nature: Paypal to cover $57 shipping

Please, do not send any more to the Dallas SPCA. The immediate future is covered. Thank you.

Now needed: Dust, chew sticks, toys if they can arrive next week. Any dust is ok. Even a couple pounds will help.

Please mark as 'Chinchilla Donation' and send to:

Please mark all donations 'CHINCHILLA DONATION' and send to:

SPCA of Texas
Attn: Ann Barnes
2400 Lone Star Drive
Dallas, TX. 75212

Please let me know if/what you send. Thanks!

I would be happy to donate 50lbs of Blue Cloud in addition to the applewood. :))

I definitely have 7 pounds of scrap and manzanita sticks I can donate as well as the 5 pound bag of blue sparkle dust that I won in a raffle at the WI show. If I were to include a monetary donation with a personal check, should I make it out to the SPCA of Texas?

I wouldn't send money any where yet. If you want to make a general donation to the TX SPCA, go to their website.

If you want to make $ donations to the chins rescue, we can use it. I hope to be ready for that Monday.

rcr-

Thanks. Any and all supplies must be on site by Friday next week. I am pretty sure they will still be there then. Shipping time from you is 6-7 days. Any extra will be picked up and dispersed to chin rescues if not kept by the SPCA.

A priority USPS box of chew stuff as well as a few lbs of dust might be better, especially if it ships today.

PLEASE: Contact me directly by email only: [email protected]. This has been approved by the administrators. Duplication and the email notifications of PM's are really slowing me down.

Back