Are you going shopping black Friday?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

I've checked out a couple of black Friday ads, but probably won't be doing much shopping. I think I'll go to Persmart for cheap dog treats (Beggin Strips), and hamster food. The food my hamster gets is like $10 a bag, and it's 50% off black Friday. After working one black friday at Walmart a couple of years ago. I'm not setting foot in that store :p

I went to our mall last year at midnight. It was me, and my brothers and their girlfriends. I didn't really go to shop, just have the experience.. lol, call me wacky :p I would go again, but I don't think anybody else is that crazy.

Nope...hate Black Friday after working years in retail. Think it's the most ridiculous thing ever....I'll take my sleep. :D

I do kind of think it's ironic that Americans spend a whole day being thankful what what they have, then immediately the next day go crazy and sometimes get violent trying to buy materialistic things.

One of my old coworkers is supposed to work 5pm Thanksgiving until 5am Friday. She isn't going to.

I have to work Thanksgiving as well, bit it's time and a half and I only work until 4pm. Im an in home caregiver to a 90 year old lady. I had assumed I wouldn't be working that day, and that she would be with her family. She won't be :(

She will be spending her Thanksgiving with me. Makes me horribly sad, and makes me want to go to work. I will be coming home to my family, but she won't :(

I think Petsmart opens at 7am. I probably won't go until like noon :p

I still have cat emery boards I stocked up on last black Friday!

Aww. Welll, at least that lady has you for Thanksgiving. I'm sure she is thankful for that. Does her family live out of town or something?

I still have to look at the ads and see if anything interests me :p

i wont go out on black friday BUT i will go out on thanksgiving! this year my son and step sons will be with their other parent so we are going out to dinner with family and then just me and my husband are going to shop for a few hours. between us we have 3 boys, aged 12,11,10 and a baby on the way so we dont have too much time to do our shopping. they usually have good sales on the type of stuff we need. we will likely be home before midnight or just after and sleep in on friday. i usually decorate the house and do some cooking. this year no kids from wednesday night until sunday afternoon! we are going to celebrate on sunday with the boys but we are looking forward to a few days to get ready for christmas and baby!!

Her family lives down the road. They won't be spending the holiday with her. I'm going to see if I can't bring her something.

I did black thursday last year at Walmart, got some great deals but NO WAY would I do it again, its was freakin nuts.

No way, no thank you! I can't stand crowds - on the road or in the stores! I happily stay home and shop online.

I only do Amazon.com shopping. They have AMAZING lightning deals. I bought the entire special collector's edition of sex in the city (the velvet box) which is retailed at $200 for $25 a couple years ago on Amazon during their Black Friday deals. I am hoping to get a few good deals but I am NOT going out. I think going to the actual stores is more for folks who want the big electronic items that are on "super special" or what have you. Luckily, I am not looking for anything like that this year!

NOoooOOOOo I am a very small short person I hate getting trampled and hit with shopping carts lol sadly a lot of the people are very pushy and rude and seem to get all crazy for cheaper stuff!!!! I go shopping late at night or early when people are at work

I have enjoyed getting most of my shopping done on black friday in years past, but this year I am going to try to go the more local route. I will be going to a craft fair over the weekend that 1. helps and animal organization and 2. will hopefully knock off most of my holiday shopping but we will see.

Plus the biggest thing I need this holiday season is cash or household repairs as the past few months have been pretty rough and some of the stuff should be simple but when the person :cough:dad:cough: you ask for advice on how to fix on of the biggest yet smaller things about your house and he avoids even giving you tips on it, it doesn't help. Really I need a handy man for a day that fixes things but I don't have to pay him and he buys all the parts.

Well I work at 8pm on thanksgiving to 5am Friday morning so I will be missing all the good sales. However Joann's opens at 6am and they have fleece for 2.99$ so I am making a beeline for them first. I love the thrill of the sales but I really cant stand people and I get extra cranky on that day because people seem to have no manners and be extra stupid. Hopefully there will still be some good sales for me tha morning :/

I didn't think about online, maybe I'll do that instead :D

I'm mostly done my shopping anyway. I think the only people I have left are my brother and his GF,

Back