Anything I can do?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia

Forever Weird
I am visiting my parents, and brought Sebastian in his travel cage. I laid my t-shirt on the bed to go color my hair, and my mom came in to make the bed. She put the t-shirt near the cage and he pulled it in and ate a hole in it about an inch in diameter. He seems quite friendly and lively this morning, but I know he could possibly get a blockage from eating the shirt. Is there anything I can do to help him pass it or do I just have to wait and see if he stops pooping?

I doubt it will even phase him. Lots of times they chew stuff, but don't necessarily eat it. Just keep an eye on him and see what happens. Most likely he'll be fine.

Thank you tunes. I hadn't seen any poop today that I was 100% sure was actually from today and not last night. We just got home and in the carrier were 5 poops. Does that mean everything is ok? I was all ready to rush to the e-vet if I hadn't seen the poop in the carrier.

I agree with Tunes, just keep an eye on him, make sure he's eating and drinking, clean the cage and watch for fresh poops. If you have a safe bathroom, let him run and play that always gets the gut going.

Back