Anyone Had Issues With This Cage and Chewing?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LannyCoop

Hey everyone, I need advice ( again :p)

so I got Kiefer a cage like so http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-acc...al-Cages-All-Metal-80-Each-W0QQAdIdZ243526268

a few months ago and he recently has been chewing the bars and the shelves of the cage, now it being all metal I did not see to much of an issue until recently.

As some of you knew Kiefer got an eye infection which what I thought was resedue from his chinchiller being chewed on. Turns out I believe he is chewing the metal, and either paint? or the metal itself is turning into dust which he thinks he can roll in...

To Help this problem I took him to the vet, got him all checked out and they gave me eyedrops to give him 2 to 3 times a day, which i did for a week, and he was better, but it came back so I got wood shelves and covered the metal with it. I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem with this cage? and if so, do you think I should think about getting a new cage so he doesn't chew the bars as well.

He does get playtime everyday, as I know they chew the bars to show they are restless. just so you guys know :)

Thanks so much!

Back