Anyone else experienced something like this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany

Mia Bella Vita
Last week I placed a large order from Joann's with multiple prints. I just got delivery confirmation, however only one of the prints had shipped. When I contacted customer service I was informed that they had sold out of my other prints and cancelled that portion of my order. How does this happen, unless other customers and I were placing our orders at the exact same time? I'm just frustrated because I've never had this happen before. Shouldn't they be keeping track of their supplies? :hair: Luckily none of the prints were for my customers, just promotional stuff I was looking forward to making, and some fleece for my own kids.

PS. Don't worry Sandi, your cupcakes were the only thing that shipped, so it was meant to be :)

How frustrating! That's incredibly unprofessional. They should've contacted you prior to shipping to make you aware of the situation and asked if you'd like to replace the unavailable prints with others. Most companies apologize for the inconvenience and offer freebies since it was an error on their end. I would call them back and speak to a supervisor.

I agree, I've never had an online company cancel a portion or a whole order without notifying me first. That's not very good customer service.

I've had it happen before. I don't use Joann, but have had it happen with Hancock, and know that it has happened with other fabric vendors as well (through word of mouth).

Hancock told me they probably only had a couple of yards left and there may have been damage to the end of the roll that they wouldn't ship. Or it may have been a short yard.

How many items did they cancel? I ask because Hancock shipped 1 item and canceled 9 others. I couldn't believe all were out of stock, so I emailed customer service to inquire. They told me that it was a warehouse mistake. Only 1 of the other 9 items was out of stock, but someone accidentally canceled the rest of the order instead of canceling that 1 item.

In my case the items were purchased during a sale, and the sale was over. I was told I had to reorder as their system didn't allow them to un-cancel an order. I complained about the discount, and got not only the original sale discount, but an added discount for my trouble.

Sometimes it pays to inquire and complain.

I'll use Hancock again. The second shipment came quickly, and the fabric was nice.

How many items did they cancel?

3 prints were canceled, and I confirmed with them that all three were indeed out of stock. My original order had qualified for free shipping, so the only consolation I got was that they honored that. I did opt to fill out one of their online surveys. I offered some advice for improving their online service. I'm usually very happy with Joann's.

This happened to me with Joann's in the last few months. I ordered 2 prints and one was out. Kinda annoying, but at least they honored my shipping deal as well. I don't like how they only keep certain prints around for a short period of time.

I hate when they do that. I've had that happen with a few prints I was really excited about (through Joann as well). I was usually informed only when the items arrived. Very odd that they seem to keep little track of these things. I've also had several problems with their website actually adding things to my basket, overall frustrated with them these days =P

I had that happen with wine glasses, a month before Christmas. They said they were in stock, I ordered them, they charged me. A few days later they send me an e-mail saying that they are "on backorder" but will be receiving them in two weeks and telling me that it is "plenty of time to get there before Christmas!". I said no and demanded a refund and sucked it up and went to the mall to buy them in person. They were for my awesome friends who like very specific things, so I couldn't afford to wait two weeks, have them cancel again and then not be able to get them.

Keith recently ordered stuff for the Jeep and one of the parts included in the kit was on backorder. They never told him, charged him full price, and it took 3 transfers when he called after receiving the kit to find out.

Back