ants in my chins cage !!! please help

zette engel

hii there i have some ants in chins cage ... cleaned it but how do i make shore they dont come back ?

Amethyst

Staff member
Ants are normally in an area for a reason, more commonly food. For the most part ants shouldn't be too interested in hay or pellets (there should be nothing sweet in there) but make sure the pellets are properly sealed anyway. Make sure you keep the cage clean as well, feed the chin just a day's worth of pellets at a time so their isn't pellets sitting in the bowl for long. Also I would look to make sure there is no human food laying around the room, like if you eat in the room make sure you clean up any crumbs.

petran79

if cage is inside the apartment, ants probably made their nest somewhere. Disinsectisation would be necessary since it can not be solved with common bug sprays. The guys applied some sort of sweet ointment in the edges and the recesses of the appartment. It has an attractive smell for the ants and they take parts of it to their nest and feed their queen and their larvae and are eradicated this way.

borwin98

hii there i have some ants in chins cage ... cleaned it but how do i make shore they dont come back ?
Diatomaceous earth (DE) is not only inexpensive and effective; it's non-toxic to kids, birds, and pets. And yet it destroys ants, earwigs, slugs, beetles, ticks, fleas, cockroaches, and bed bugs. ... DE is made up of crushed fossilized skeletons of diatoms and algae. Use food grade only.

Latest posts