Am I crazy!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

channeltool

My vet put my chin on TMP-SMZ for an ear infection. After two days he looks like someone who is sick to their stomach. He is sleeping more and just looks like he is sick. I took him off, called the vet and she told me these are not symptoms of a reaction to an antibiotic. She also told me he has been on this before. That's when I remembered he had the same reaction to this back in 2016. I couldn't remember which vet prescribed the antibiotic that didn't agree with Hershey. We take him to three different vets depending on when we can get an appointment. I told them that he had the same reaction and it should have been in his recoreds because I called when this happened last time he was on it. My vet kept telling me it isn't possible with this antibiotic for him to feel this way. I told her since it happened twice I think it is possible. She will not give him a different antibiotic withoujt him getting and MRI or CTscan on his head.

I can't say for that antibiotic, but upset stomach is a very common side effect of antibiotics in general. Were you given any probiotics to go with the antibiotics? They normally help, since anibiotic kill everything, you give the probiotic a couple hours after the anibiotic (so it's not just killed off). Also is he eating on his own? if not you will need to hand/force feed him since not eating can make him feel bad too. Is it possible to go to a different vet that will be willing to give a different antibiotic? (I understand it's much harder, if not impossible, right now with the state of the world) Or even see if they are willing to see him, if they don't think the anibiotic causes it then they much think something else is causing it. Also since this happened in the past do you remember what they did prescribe instead that worked for him?

Back