Alice in Wonderland

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Tim Burton's dark and fantastic works.

I even have his art collection that you can only get from Steele Publishing (for Xmas!). My best friend has Tim Burton tattoos from numerous films, Beetlejuice, Edward Scisscorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare Before Christmas. Just wish I could visit NYC for his art exhibit.

My Valentine from John was the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland book of shadows with the 16 themed colors and pop-up. LOVE IT! I also have collected all 4 O.P.I. Alice colors! One quick trip down to Hot Topic and I'm ready for the IMAX 3D midnight showing on 3/4!!!

You can say I'm excited. I know most will say this, but I feel this movie is made just for me! Fav actor, fav director, and fav story OF ALL TIME! Used to think I WAS Alice when I was a little girl. I still do! LOL

*IMHO Tim Burton is a great artist. If anything gets muddled it's the film companies he works for and/or the budget he is allowed (using the same Oompa Loompa in Chocolate Factory). Nightmare took YEARS to produce and he did it HIS way.

Last edited:
Went to the midnight opening for Imax 3D! So much fun Futter-wacking vigorously! I loved it muchness!:bliss:

I have mixed feelings about Burton, and mixed feelings about Depp, and very mixed feelings when they're together. O_O; I think there has been too many Depp/Burton movies as of late... or something...

It is very cool and beautiful though, I can't deny that. Burton is an artist with a fixed sense of style.

My fiance and I went to see it this afternoon. We had coupons for free tickets. We were very excited about this movie coming out but I have to say we were extremely disappointed and very happy we didn't pay for the tickets.

I personally felt like it was a mess (confusing, all over the place, didn't exactly see the point) and didn't necessarily like how Johnny Depp played his part in this one. I don't know if it was just me but 50% of the movie I couldn't make out what the heck they were saying. It seemed like they were mumbling.

I still love Depp, he's an awesome actor...just not fond of him this time.

Just my opinion.

The previews freak me out. I didn't like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I felt like they turned a happy little kid movie into something that was on the borderline of being very creepy. I doubt I'll see this movie because it looks like they did the same.

The movie was beautiful. The storyline was lacking. It kinda reminded me of Avatar in that instance. I think movie makers are so worried about how pretty the movie is, they spend all their time on that, and kinda forget about the script.

Don't get me wrong, I love the acting. The actors did a fantastic job. The actual storyline though made me yawn.

I went and watched it in Dolby 3D tonite with my niece and nephew. I liked it - thought it was gorgeous, but it just didn't feel like the same Alice and Wonderland I grew up with. I still enjoyed it though.

I just got back from seeing it. I am sooooo disappointed. Visually it was great and beautiful and breath taking and everything I had hoped for and more. The script however was a piece of poo. I feel like the writers couldn't decide whether they wanted to do dark funny or silly funny so they did both and failed miserably. The actors did their best but the story couldn't keep me interested long enough.

I went and watched it in Dolby 3D tonite with my niece and nephew. I liked it - thought it was gorgeous, but it just didn't feel like the same Alice and Wonderland I grew up with. I still enjoyed it though.

It wouldnt be the same. Its a Tim Burton Remake and actually part two of "in(or through) the looking glass" when Alice is 17 and goes back to Wonderland.

i saw it yesterday and was really looking forward to it, but was slightly dissapointed! I thought the red queen was fantastic and everyone else did a good job but the storyline definitely bored me. or maybe i was just tired since it was so late! :wacko: either way. was it just me or did Depp transition off into a scottish accent once in a while?!

I was slightly disappointed too. It was entertaining, but I expected it to be more colorful and fantastical! The red queen was my favorite also. And I love Tim Burton, so maybe that's why it was a bit of a let down... I had high expectations!

Johnny Depp did go into the Scottish accent but my impression was his character was a little bi-polar. I think the accent indicates when the Hatter goes "Mad".

i saw it yesterday and was really looking forward to it, but was slightly dissapointed! I thought the red queen was fantastic and everyone else did a good job but the storyline definitely bored me. or maybe i was just tired since it was so late! :wacko: either way. was it just me or did Depp transition off into a scottish accent once in a while?!

Johnny Depp did go into the Scottish accent but my impression was his character was a little bi-polar. I think the accent indicates when the Hatter goes "Mad".

yeah i thought he might have been doing it on purpose, he definitely came off as crazy :thumbsup:

im almost 20 years old and could watch the nightmare before christmas every single day lol...that was one of those movies i will always love no matter how old i am..and i want to see this movie alot because it looks so weird lol

I have absolutely no desire to see this movie. I'm an adult who doesn't enjoy childish things so much anymore BUT I feel sad for Beks who so wanted this to be good, instead it what as she expected it to be--crud. Sorry Beks!

it was so amazing. :D i loved every second of it
Ah.
the book to this movie was great too. and the movie really went well with the book.
J.D is just all around amazing. and he showed just how amazing he can be in this movie :D

Back