Alice in Wonderland

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Burton and Depp, but this movie feels more like Johnny Depp in Wonderland. I love and adore Depp. If he showed up at my door, I'd shackle him to my bed, but sometimes in a movie, too much Johnny can be a bad thing. Like POTC3, it was just...too much. Now if it was a Jack Sparrow movie, ok, but I do hope the other stars, mainly Alice, get their fair share of screen time.

So far the whole relationship between Alice and the Mad Hatter reminds me of Sarah and Jareth in Labyrinth. Teenage girl and an adult man. A bit creepy, but done very well in Labyrinth, which was a coming of age for her. Kinda like Dorothy and Scarecrow too, who were also very close.

Siren, I have to agree. It's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It just left me feeling really creepy afterwards. Johnny Depp made me think of a child molester and it just made me feel all oogie.

I do love the Labyrinth though. It's one of my very favorite movies, though it was a bit creepy with the older/younger relationship.

AIWL looks good and I look forward to seeing itk but I agree, in that I hope it's not all Johnny, all the time.

This movie looks like complete kaka. Tim Burton working with the same people to create the same movie he has produced at least five times before does not interest me in the slightest. I love Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Colleen Atwood, but all three are so much better when they aren't working with Tim Burton. Personally, I am far more excited for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasmagoria:_The_Visions_of_Lewis_Carroll.

OMG...brace yourselves....the Burton and Depp groupies will be here soon! ;)

I absolutely CANNOT wait for this to come out!!! I have been counting down since it was first announced. The stills are amazing and the costumes are making me think about Halloween 2010 already!

I was really excited about it too... Until I saw the preview when we went to go see Avatar. I also love Tim Burton and the cast looks fantastic. But, AIWL is in 3D. Which I guess is cool for people with great vision. But for people like me who already have enough eye problems to deal with, I am not too happy. Avatar (in 3D) was great, but I don't know if I could sit through another 3 hours of eye pain, headache and motion sickness. :vomit: I know I could settle for watching it in 2d, but I assume it loses some of the eye appeal and special effects. :hair:

Avatar (in 3D) was great, but I don't know if I could sit through another 3 hours of eye pain, headache and motion sickness. :vomit:

The 3D technology is really cool and all, but why are they doing it for practically every single movie?? I guess that was rhetorical, because I know why they do it-- so they can jack up admission prices.

When I took my older daughter to "A Christmas Carol" I got motion sickness also. Crazy!

I believe it is being shown in 3-D but there will also be a regular Alice in Wonderland, too. Not all the showings will be in 3-D. Momenteller, I don't really consider any of Tim Burton's movies kid movies. Of course, it depends on the age of the child. One of my favorites is Nightmare Before Christmas and it's a little too weird to let my granddaughter watch, in my opinion, but she's only
3 1/2 years old.

I don't really consider any of Tim Burton's movies kid movies.

What about James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I probably wouldn't show them to a three-year-old, but I would still categorize them under children's movies.

It's not the adult/scary take Burton may use for this film that bothers me. Frightening and twisted adaptations are some of my favorite, when done well. I'm worried Burton may have once again used over the top visuals and tired cliches in place of actual artistry. That said, I will certainly go and see it (if for Stephen Fry if nothing else ;)).

What about James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I probably wouldn't show them to a three-year-old, but I would still categorize them under children's movies.

Yup, my kids love both of those and Nightmare Before Christmas. My youngest is 4; we were a little hesitant to let her watch Nightmare Before Christmas but watched it with her and she loves it. I would rather have them watch those movies that are a little more thought-provoking and artistically interesting than the drivel that is "Hannah Montana". :banghead:

Doesn't this movie come out in like 9 days? I had forgotten about it until I saw it on Myspace today lol. I love Depp and he's a great actor. I think he's just so versatile and his crazy style is just attractive. Now, some movies were worse than others (especially the newer ones), I think he's getting too old to do childrens movies properly, but I hope this movie turns out to be a turn around. He's so talented, and Tim Burton is also, so lets hope they don't ruin another classic.

Back