Air conditioning vent

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daina91880

This has been one of those weeks. We lost my father in law on Tuesday, so everyone has been a bit on edge. Now, I know my husband just lost his dad, but I'm really close to smacking him anyway...

Tonight we went out to dinner, and when we came home, the house was up to 75. I'm trying not to scream at him, but before we left, he must have turned the AC up. I have told him over and over that we have to leave it set where I put it, that the chins can DIE, but nothing gets through his thick skull.

Now, the chins all look completely fine, and I turned the central air down and cranked the window unit and it's dropped a few degrees in here, but man, am I frustrated!

Does anyone else live with someone like this? I know he cares. I've woken up with the sniffles and he's telling me to stay away from the chins, that I'll get them sick. But meanwhile, he can't leave the air on? Ugh!

I'm going to start copying and pasting the heatstroke stories I read on here and email them to him to get my point across.

My bf is usually pretty good, but there was one time when he left the office door wide open when he left to go out, and the rest of our house isn't air conditioned, so it can warm up quickly. Luckily it was a cooler day in very early summer and we weren't gone long (he'd come to meet me) so the chins were okay. I remind him every time to close the door, and he gets annoyed, but I just want to be really really sure!

My house has gotten as hot as 76 degrees. I freaked out and I put my chinchilla in the refrigerator even though his ears were not red and he was perfectly fine. It's like 73 degrees right now and I have a frozen water bottle and a bowl of ice cubes in there. He still sleeps in his hammock though and refuses to sleep anywhere else :hammock: :temp:. My mother doesn't like turning on the air conditioner unless it's like 76 degrees, ugh. He is in the COOLEST part of the house though (it's like degrees colder in that one spot next to the laundry room. I also open the window at night because it's cold at night. Also, I think it's extremely important to always keep chinchillas living downstairs because all the hot air rises to upstairs and it's way hotter upstairs.

It so funny, this happen to me today. We have individual air conditioning in each room also. And well our living room is always set on high because we don't spent much time in the living room. Our rooms are the coolest, but one of our room is the coldest!

Well, while I was at my desk. I got a call and I turned an accidently bumped into some melaleuca oil in glass bottle. And it broke and it was very strong. Anyways, I put out my chins out in the living room and set the air conditioning low temp. And had to turn up the room temp up since my chinnies were not in there. So I can open the door and let the air circulate and so the smell can go away faster.

Well, I don't know what happened but when I woke up. I went into the living room and I was like wow the living very warm. I remember last night it was freezing! So I went to check how much the AC was set 83!! Good thing it was 7am when it not so hot. My husband had turned up the AC before he went to work. I believe it was 1 or 2 hours before I woke up.

I text him and told him about it. And he was like ohh I totally forgot! He wasn't use to the chinchillas being in the living room.

But my babies are back in the bedroom. I had to wear a jacket in there. LOL

By the way my AC works differently when you set the numbers up. The AC stops working. It does not turn on the heater.

Last edited:
Back