Quantcast

A whole herd sale on craigslist?

Shenanigans

I haven't gotten into showing or anything and don't know the reputation of these breeders, but Detroit chinchillas from Inkster Mi (Near Detroit) seems to be selling out. I figure most of you who would want and are able to take on the herd have probably heard through show contacts, but I figured I'd post just in case.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bfs/4688534461.html

It seems odd I hear about it on craigslist before here when I've been looking for chin recently, they at least aren't listed as a member of MCBA (although I have come across their fb page in my search before- I kinda thought they were a big back yard breeder from my impression) Again, I have no dealings with them and I'm not in the showing community- Im not trying to say anything bad- I really don't know anything about them.

Shenanigans

if this is the same place http://www.detroitchinchillas.com/index.html they are members of the chinchilla club and ECBC (which I thought was more of a CA/west coast thing?), and while the site doent mention the herd sale, https://www.facebook.com/DetroitChinchillas the linked fb page does.
Im glad I did a bit of digging. A herd started in 09 that was selling out and wasnt MCBA and was selling through facebook was worrying me. I was hoping my area wasnt going to have a giant byb dump all their chins. It relieves me to see they are members of other associations.

We put our chins up pretty much everywhere we could. We were selling them for personal reasons, though have kept the majority of our herd. I didn't place an ad here because I don't frequent this site enough. Thanks for making your mind up about our herd without meeting us or seeing our animals in person.

starleomach

Dawnna's Keeper
ECBC has roots in the midwest as well. Most reputable breeders are members of one or both of the groups. Many of us don't frequent chat sites often enough to meet requirements... I know I spend more time in the barn than online these days

Shenanigans

We put our chins up pretty much everywhere we could. We were selling them for personal reasons, though have kept the majority of our herd. I didn't place an ad here because I don't frequent this site enough. Thanks for making your mind up about our herd without meeting us or seeing our animals in person.
It just seemed odd to me and I see "breeders" on craigslist a lot- theres a bulldog "breeder" in my area right now trying to "reduce" and another real breeder found out and posted that it was really someone who had gotten two of her pups and was trying to cover up dogs being inbred (parents were siblings from the same litter)
I really tried to convey that I was concerned but knew absolutely nothing about you to judge. Im sorry if it came across as too harsh, I just get worried and I guess it effected my language/tone too much.

Latest posts