A Question

• Thread starter moonstonemystyk
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moonstonemystyk

My cat brought me this small animal (unharmed). I'm pretty sure that it's a chinchilla of some kind. Would anyone be able to tell me if I'm right?

SUNP0037.jpg

SUNP0038.jpg

looks kinda like a flying squirrel maybe..pics are kinda fuzzy does he have a flat tail? definitly not a chinchilla

Maybe a sugar glider? Guys, do suggies run free outside? Or might this be someones pet?

From what I know they definitely don't run free outside. If it's a Sugar Glider it has to be someone's pet. Sugar Gliders are from the rainforests of Australia, Indonesia, and New Guinea.

Looks like a flying squirrel to me. They're native to many parts of the US, so it's very possible...

I mean I've never seen on in person, like close up, but one of my friends who works at a wildlife place set up a night camera aimed at the trees in this one nature preserve, and you can see all the flying squirrels going from tree to tree...neatest thing...

Flying squirrel's can be pets too, right? I don't want it to be set free if it's someone's pet. And he seems rather calm, maybe he's used to being handled.

What a cutie - looks like a flying squirrel to me. Yes, people also have flying squirrels as pets - you might check with the local veterinarians and post a "found" item. Maybe they could contact any flying squirrel owners they know of and tell them one was found. Can't be too many of them!

Back