2014 West Coast MCBA Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

SAVE THE DATE! We are still planning but our show date for 2014 is April 26th. Location will be in Bellevue at Calvary Chapel Lodge. More information to come soon.

Start dusting those bunnies . . .

oh my god i can not wait!!!!! im gonna start looking for hotels!!! whoo hoo!!

How big is the participation for this show likely to be??? Is it a 1 day or 2 day show??? I loved attending the Seattle show and meeting new people in October; the PNW is a lovely area.

I couldn't come last year since I had just had my kidney transplant. I've only ever been to the WI MCBA show for the last 4 years and it's always a great time!!! There's a fare of $178 from Denver showing right now. Any idea on the nearby hotels and their rates???

Last edited:
Lynn, I need to check on that information and will let you know ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to attend but just one show due to timing so I can't wait for this one! While I don't have any chinchillas to show I look forward to seeing some familiar faces!

Here are some local hotels. The Bellevue hotels are just one exit west of the show site on I 90. The Issaquah hotel is one exit east on I 90. Two are pet friendly. I'll list them first.

Days Inn, 3241 156th Avenue SE, Bellevue, 425-643-6644. Rates start at $67, $75 for two queen beds. Pet friendly.

Red Lion, 11211 Main Street, Bellevue, 425-455-5240. Rates start at $89. This one is off I 405 a little further west. It's where we had the last few shows. Pet friendly.

Larkspur Landing, 15805 SE 37th Street, Bellevue, 425-373-1212. Rates start at $84.

Holiday Inn, 1801 12th Avenue NW, Issaquah, 425-392-6421. Rates start at $99.

All of these also have web sites where you can make your reservations as well as 800 numbers. I listed the local number so you can be sure you have the right location. More info to come soon.

I will also be at the show site until 5 pm on Friday evening to allow those bringing animals to leave them overnight if they want. The building will be locked thereafter.

Last edited:
DETAILS:

Our judge will be Brenda Walters. Woohoo!!

Entry fees will be $6 for MCBA members, $8 for non-members. An MCBA membership is $25 per year and we will have applications there as well. Baby Derby entries (kits 2 to 4 months old) will be $5, all participants will receive one ticket with paid entry to vote in the derby and the winner will receive a trophy.

No lunch will be provided this year but you may bring your own or there are many restaurants nearby. There is a full kitchen in the lodge as well. We'll break for lunch.

Dakota Tschinderle will also be presenting a short seminar on some of the health issues that have been prevalent lately to give us some answers and courses of action.

Claire will post on show book ads, Alison will take raffle donations. We already have a great donation from Twilight Chinchillas and I will have more fleece tunnels as well. We really have had some of the best raffle items I've ever seen.

See you all soon! Keep those bunnies dusty!

Hey Sue,
MCBA membership is actually $30 per year. It has been for quite some time now. If you need any copies of forms, I would be happy to email them.
Or anyone interested in membership can contact me at [email protected].

Can't wait to meet all of you! :D

Less than one month until show time! If anyone has raffle donations, please be sure to bring them. If you aren't coming but still have something to donate, let me know so we can arrange to get your item to the show.

Raffle items do not have to be chinchilla related. We've had towel/pot holder sets (love mine!), movie night baskets, candy/snack packs, jewelry, quilts, gift cards, and more. Of course, chinchilla items are always welcome...hammocks, ledges, houses, dust, etc.

If anyone has chinchillas they would like to donate for a live animal raffle, let either Sue or I know.

All raffle proceeds support our chapter and future shows!

Hi, Cathy,
Yes, it is a one day show. Doors open at 7 am for grooming and we will start somewhere around 10 with the judging after categorizing the animals by color. Hopefully we'll see you there!!

I'll be donating one of our triple level Craze a Maze playhouses for the raffle!!! There will be toys, and other misc furniture also for sell. :)

Attachments

• craze a maze.jpg
    craze a maze.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 13
Christine will also bring some really creative play sets that the chapter will be selling. I will bring some fleece tubes as well for the raffle. It's going to be really an awesome time. Bring your pennies for some great stuff . . .

OKAY . . . only a few days more. Sorry for being so missing in action. My father-in-law passed away two weeks ago and then Easter is a HUGE time for me, since . . . well, it's my job. SO after a brief recovery time, I think I'm ready to go. Hope all of you are well dusted and combed. I will see you all there Saturday morning. Blessings . . .

Back