2014 CnH Secret Santa - Timeline & Rules

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandi

non-stop poop sweeper
:bells CnH Secret Santa 2014
Expedited Edition
:bells​

What is it?

Various members from the forum sign up to be a "Secret Santa". Once the list is compiled, all of the names are taken and you will be matched with another member of the forum- but you must keep it a secret! Another person will also be matched up with you, but you won't know who that is (hence Secret ). Once you receive your person, you can pick out a gift or gifts for them, and have it sent to them. Most of the suppliers on here knows how it works, and will be able to keep the sender a secret, so you aren't discovered by the return address. In return, you will also receive a gift from your Secret Santa. Once gifts start being received, we will start up a thread so you can post pictures of your gift and try to guess who sent it to you. If you need help with ideas on how to remain ‘secret’, please PM me!

Rules - the not so fun part, but we have to have ‘em!

1. You must have been a member of CnH as of 11/01/14 and have at least 50 posts to participate. We have had problems in the past with new members joining and then completely disappearing, leaving a person without a Santa. Participation is at the discretion of myself. If you do not meet these guidelines but still want to participate, you may send me a PM. I reserve the right to refuse participation in order to maintain fairness to all other participants and to ensure everyone receives their gifts. I will send out final confirmation PMs to those who signed up early during the final week of sign-ups. If I do not hear from you by the deadline, your name will be removed from the list.

2. Since we are on a bit of a time crunch, you must have your gift ordered and paid for, and if possible sent out, by December 10th to give time for the gift to get to your recipient by Christmas. I will be actively checking on everyone through PM to ensure that gifts are indeed sent out and ordered. It's no fun when you pick a gift out for someone and get it sent, but never receive a gift in return. As a general guideline, around $20-$25 is a good amount to spend (not including shipping).

Please remember, if you send your gift yourself, try to make the return address as vague as legally allowed. Also, we ask you to get shipping insurance and/or delivery confirmation. When you purchase your gift and it is sent, PM me to let me know it was purchased, where it was purchased (or if you sent it yourself) and most importantly, INCLUDE the tracking information. In order to participate, you must agree to get tracking info for your package, not to mention, it doesn't make you a "bad Santa" if the gift gets lost or delivered late.

Timeline

The 2014 Secret Santa timeline will run as follows:

Sign Up Time: Now through November 30th (I will not be able to accept any sign ups after midnight)
Names given out: December 2nd
Gifts paid for and sent out: December 10th
1st Clue: Dec. 6th
2nd clue: Dec. 11th
3rd clue: Dec. 15th
Names revealed: December 21st
I will be PMing everyone various times through out this timeline to remind you of approaching deadlines if I have not heard from you.

What I Need

What I need when you sign up through PM:

1. Name:
  2. Address:
  3. Gift request: (Remember nothing too expensive!)
  4. If you want gifts for chins, hedgies, another pet or yourself:
  5. 3 clues about yourself that will be given to your recipient to try and guess who their Santa is:
  6. If you prefer a chin or hedgie person, if it matters. (will do my best to meet this, but no guarantees)

Remember to send this information to me through private message.

In conclusion....

Finally, remember, have fun! If your gift gets there a little late, just take a deep breath and remember it's Christmas time! Shipping gets hectic, and suppliers are swamped.

If you have a problem, please do not complain to the staff of the forum. They are by no means associated with this, aside from allowing us to host Secret Santa on their forum (and sometimes they participate).

I will be leaving the country for Christmas break on Dec. 23rd and will try my hardest to get everything sent out according to the timeline, but there may be a time where I may be a day late. Most PMs will not be sent out until late evening, when I have the most free time after work and after taking care of my family. If you do not receive your PM, give me a day or so. I will always post a confirmation when I have sent out all PMs- if you haven't received one by the time I post the confirmation, let me know.

Thanks! If you have any questions or concerns, you can post them in this thread or PM me.

Sandi

:elf::MC22::unwrap:​

:bump1:
Only 1 more day to sign up. We may not be able to do it this year if we don't get a few more people signing up.

Secret Santa sign up still open!

I'm going to accept anyone who wants to sign up till the end of the day today. Please copy and paste the info below and forward it to me through a private message.

What I need when you sign up through PM:

1. Name:
  2. Address:
  3. Gift request: (Remember nothing too expensive!)
  4. If you want gifts for chins, hedgies, another pet or yourself:
  5. 3 clues about yourself that will be given to your recipient to try and guess who their Santa is:
  6. If you prefer a chin or hedgie person, if it matters. (will do my best to meet this, but no guarantees)

Back