2014 Atlantic Chapter show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brea & I are coming, assuming the boys are coming (Silkrhein) but not sure...as for the "big boys" maybe the Baars? I haven't heard one way or another but know for a FACT Ryersons aren't coming :(

I heard that Ritterspach and Ryersons are not coming this year. Are any of the large breeders coming? Sounds like this show could be any body's ball game. Sure hope the local breeders dust their bunnies and come.

I have heard the rumor as well. However there are enough hobby breeders to make this show worth the trip. ;) And to make the numbers for a sanctioned show.

I'm bringing a four pack of Bath and Body works hand soap's for the raffle item. Two Peach Bellini, one Japanese Cherry Blossom and one Black Cherry Merlot.
Not sure about a food item. See you all there. Safe travels.....

I never miss this show...well, almost never :) Being 9mos pregnant kind of puts a hamper on things...pretty sure that was the only year I missed.

Anyhow, the B&BW stuff is SO mine (LOVE the Jap Cherry Blossom) and like I said, I'm bringing a two hole carrier to donate if I can ever get the spring latches for it!

I wish I had more to bring. My chins didn't start producing until February-March of this year so I don't have much.

I missed this show twice... once because my grandmother died a few days before, and the next time because I was not really breeding much (finishing my Master's and all). I won't miss it again though - too close for me to miss!

For anyone interested, I told them I'd pass this along. I know a LOT of people get their dust from Ryersons at this show...as they're not coming I've been forced to locate an alternate supplier. Mr. Shoots said to inform everyone that he DOES have room for a few more bags ;) I'd get in touch with him soon though!

For anyone interested, I told them I'd pass this along. I know a LOT of people get their dust from Ryersons at this show...as they're not coming I've been forced to locate an alternate supplier. Mr. Shoots said to inform everyone that he DOES have room for a few more bags ;) I'd get in touch with him soon though!

Thanks for letting us know Ange, got my bag ordered!

Get dusting everyone!!!!

Are we seriously just two weeks away?!? Man oh man this still managed to sneak up on me! At least I got my raffle donation (two hole carrier) done...and I got my showbook ad done (though haven't heard back from Jim on it)...not doing food, while I make awesome food...I freak out about it and I have enough to worry about with the chins. At this point I'm show prepping half a dozen animals to show...most in the young class...will probably show all of them unless something horrific happens. Ordered my dust...paid those that need paid...probably forgetting a million things LOL!

Oh I know what you mean vyxxin. Dusting, ordering, packing, paper work, prepping the car, remembering which chins I'm showing, which rescues I'm dropping off.... gesh

I may be attending this year! However, I do not have any combs or grooming supplies :/ would anyone let me borrow some? Or could someone direct me where to get any?

For this show, you'll need to borrow at the show if you don't already own combs. Also, if you haven't been "show dusting" then chances are your chins aren't in "show shape". Still fun to show them if that's your intent, just don't expect too much :)

would this be a good show to visit not bringing a chinchilla it would be a heck of a long drive for me what time would be a good time to arrive if I did a day trip?

Mookie, I agree with Angie that they may not be in show shape. But there is still a full 10 days to give them their best shot.
I have dusted in the past only two weeks before show three sisters I was not to bring.
I dusted him twice a day, so you can start that now. And hope for the best in the shape they are in. It is fun and the experience is enriching.

So go for it and hope it works for you... dust twice a day up to and including the Wesdnesday before the Saturday of the show.

If I can I will try and help you out in combing.

Note: the girls got firsts and 1a, they did well.

I took a look at my four under show lights last night. All four look good color-wise. Still not happy with size but such is life!

I put my six under the lights two nights ago, when I did their rough groom and ear tagging...same here Dee, happy with the color and conformation on most but a few are a bit small for my liking and I'm not thrilled with the veiling on the standards. We shall see :)

ETA- where are you located Fuji? Asking as first, show season is almost over for the season. So unless you live in Ohio (where there is a show in a few weeks) then this will be your only chance this show season to attend. Every single show is a good learning experience. Every one. Some of the smaller shows can be more educational to the newer breeder than larger shows because there is more time for the judges to talk. Show season will of course, begin again in Sept. but if you want to attend before then now is the time and it's a great show :)

Last edited:
I live in Michigan so its about 6 hours, I wasn't aware of the Ohio one do you know which thread its under that one could be closer to me.

Back