2013 West Coast MCBA Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, the show was totaly worth the 11 hour drive! Had so much fun! My TOV EBONY 4 month old female got a 1st place and my White Ebony 4 month old female got reserve color phase champion! It was a blast!

It was fun getting to know you. The ferry boat ride was a blast, I hope you enjoyed it too. Thanks for being patient and helping me to go and pick up that FN cage ($40. off of CL). Singing all the way home was a blast, especially when we combined your alto and my soprano and sang the duet from Tangled. Loved it!!

I know the GSC was a female Violet by Chinn. =o

Wish I was able to hang out after the show with all of you. ;_;

Joann, Jerry, and Casey - We missed you! Hope you can come next year.

It was a great show. The Bradford's were awesome judges. I loved hearing all their stories and about their follies when they were first starting out in chinchillas. I learned a lot and had a great time.

The raffle was awesome...thanks to all who donated wonderful items! As always, than you Sue and Claire for all your hard work making this show happen.

I'm sure Sue or Claire will post the placings list as soon as they get the chance.

There were 28 animals and 7 exhibitors.
Ryan Chinn's violet was GSC.

Congratulations to all the exhibitors. Here are the top winners

Champions
Grand Show Champion-
Violet AGC A9 Ryan Chinn​
Reserve Grand Show-
Standard C72C B4 Ryan Chinn​
Champ Female of Show -
Violet AGC A9 Ryan Chinn​
Res Female of Show-
Black CSC V28 Linda Clark​
Champ Male of Show -
Standard C72C B4 Ryan Chinn​
Res Male of Show -
Ebony C72C B5 Ryan Chinn​

I will have the winners of each section posted later today

It was fun getting to know you. The ferry boat ride was a blast, I hope you enjoyed it too. Thanks for being patient and helping me to go and pick up that FN cage ($40. off of CL). Singing all the way home was a blast, especially when we combined your alto and my soprano and sang the duet from Tangled. Loved it!!

I had a blast! Thank you so much for helping out. The ferry ride was amazing! Thank you so much for making my short visit so wonderful!

Color Section Champions

White Champion Female ECC B1- Caroline Fawcett
White Champion Male C72C B9- Ryan Chinn
Reserve White Female ACES B8- Narcissus Kimball
Reserve White Male C72C A1- Ryan Chinn
Violet Champion Female AGC A9- Ryan Chinn
Violet Champion Male DWC B1- Ryan Chinn
Beige Champion Female C72C B2- Ryan Chinn
Naturalle Champion Female MARF X1- Alison Foster
Naturalle Champion Male C72C B4- Ryan Chinn
Reserve Naturalle Female CSC B2- Linda Clark
Black Champion Female CSC V28- Linda Clark
Black Champion Male C72C B7- Ryan Chinn
Ebony Champion Male C72C B5- Ryan Chinn

Yes, Craners, you were missed! I hope you will be able to make the next show. This was a very interesting show, the Bradford's were very educational...it was a chinchilla breeding, showing and history show rolled into one! I always learn more than my brain can hold at these shows. :). Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen! Oh, and thanks to Buddy who made an appearance (although it was kind of a snoozefest :laughitup:). I look forward to seeing you all at the next show!

Oh, and thanks to Buddy who made an appearance (although it was kind of a snoozefest :laughitup:). I look forward to seeing you all at the next show!

And here he is, snoozing away at the show!

Attachments

• Buddy snoozing at the west coast chin show.jpg
    Buddy snoozing at the west coast chin show.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 28
It was a great show. We had two new chinchilla breeders there to learn how to direct their herd, Leslie & Jessica, along with Caroline and her first kit, also looking to learn. I love that Leslie came with her mum and mum brought home her first kit. And we did learn, a lot of info from the Bradfords as well as really fascinating history as Ryan said. I just LOVE that a violet took GSC, my heart is with the violets. Next year will be a great year since a few of us have been working on our herds and didn't have much to show. That seems to happen every two or three years, doesn't it!? But that's a good thing and a direct result of what we've learned from these shows & field days. Bless you all for all the encouragement you give each other. See you next spring!! :thumbsup:

I had the pleasure of meeting Buddy's mom, Linda, at the ECBC National Show in Denver last month.

I hope to get to meet Buddy himself next year at the Seattle show!!!

Congrats to all the winners! Geez, Ryan! It sounds like you were hogging most of the awards! Lol Congrats though- it's great to see the progress you're making with your animals.

There were some pretty chins on the top table. Good thing I'm so broke right now or I would have bought some breeding animals on the spot!! I'm about to have my own baby so that would be bad timing =P

Can't wait till next years show, Czarina should be 1 year exactly and in prime. :D

Back