2013 West Coast MCBA Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

Save the date for those dust bunnies: Saturday April 27th, 2013. Tentatively at the Bellevue Red Lion Hotel. Judges will be Dick & Mary Jo Bradford. More information to come after the 1st of the year. We will have the larger room again and they've promised the same rate as last time so room rates should be the same. This will be a full on show, not a field day. Although I"m sure with the Bradfords it will be very informational.

Keep those bunnies dusted!!

Maybe I'll make something to donate to the raffle this time around, can't wait to see another chin show. Would you be interested in a chin themed charm bracelet or similar Sue?

WHATEVER you want to give, Jessica, is fine with me!! Can't wait to see you again.

can I get a bit more information on what goes on at the shows, and such? entrance fee, for spectators? or just showers, etc

We don't charge for spectators, although some shows do. Entrance fees are ust for those showing animals, $6 for MCBA members, $8 for non-members of MCBA per animal. Membership is $25 per year, at this time. Those showing will enter around 7 in the morning to begin grooming. They will pay their fees for their animals and receive cage cards to identify their animals by number only. Once their animals are groomed, they'll put them in show cages provided by the chapter and place the corresponding cage card in the card holder on the cage. Then they'll bring the cage up to the holding table for that animal's color/class. Around 10 am, animals will be categorized by their color and color phase (ie: white animals, mosaic animals, dark, light, extra dark, etc.). Then judging begins, with light animals (white) first to dark (ebony) last. We have raffles which will be chosen at the end of the judging, while final winners are chosen. ALL are welcome, we look forward to meeting you and getting to know you. Hope you'll be part of the fun!!

Last edited:
thank you so much!! I will be attending with my Beige Boy, so It is $8 for us to get in together? we do not have combs, so I am wondering if you know offhand anyone kind enough to teach me how to properly groom him, and lend me combs, for the day?? it will only be the one chin.

Sure, I will have my combs there and other people will too. Once their own chins are groomed then they will be happy to help you out or groom him for you. It's a great group of people!! Glad you're coming and looking forward to meeting you. :thumbsup:

The Bradfords are booked and all set to fly out. I will confirm with the Red Lion soon as well. But it looks as though we are a go. Start thinking about raffle donations!!

Do most breeders bring kits to sell at these shows, or should you contact some in advance to bring a kit especially for you?

Some will bring animals to sell, but if you're looking for something specific or a kit, I'd say contact them first. Those coming a long distance won't always bring animals. And if you need contacts, just ask!!

I'm trying my hardest to come to this show. anyone know what the room rates are?

I'm still negotiating with the hotel. I'm getting contracts today & tomorrow, so as soon as I know I will post it.

Okay, so here it is!! Guest rooms are $94 a night for Friday & Saturday night, just ask for the Chinchilla group. If you have any problems, let me know, we had one reservation that was difficult last year. Give them a day or two to get the info in their system. We have 10 rooms set aside.

Grooming will start at 6 am, judging starting at 9 am SHARP!! We will be provided food for lunch by the hotel and some will bring muffins for the am. Hotel will provide coffee, tea, lemonade & water throughout, so if you'd like something else, be aware. There is also a restaurant in the same building and right down the hall from us.

Any questions, contact me at [email protected].

Lynn, you'll want to come into Seatac airport. There are shuttles back & forth all the time or a cab is about $50 with tip to the hotel.

Oh, also, the animals can stay in the guest rooms for an additional $15 per night or down in the exhibition room for free. Easy peasy!!

Back