2012 Atlantic Chapter Show - State College, PA! April 13th-14th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishalaa

Irish Chinchilla
Date:
April 13th-14th, 2012

2225 High Tech Road
State College, PA 16823

Nearby Hotels:
Econo Lodge – 3482 Benner Pike, Bellefonte, PA (814)355-5561
Super 8 – 1663 S Atherton St, State College, PA (814)237-8005
Rodeway Inn – 1040 N Atherton St, State College, PA (814)238-6783
Hampton Inn – 1101 E College Ave, State College, PA (814)231-1590
More hotels listed on our website (they are arranged in approximate order of rates, lowest to highest).

Judge:
Dave Woods

Set Up:
Friday, April 13th – 2pm-6pm.
All hands are welcome in putting up the show lights and equipment and arranging tables and chairs!

Friday, April 13th – 6pm-10pm. Animals may be housed in the show hall overnight.
Saturday, April 14th – 7am-9am.
$4.00 per animal for MCBA members, $8.00 per animal for non-members. Applications for membership will be available at the registration table.
Each exhibitor gets a complimentary showbook.
$5.00 per family if not showing any chinchillas.
$5.00 per showbook.

Classification:
Saturday, April 14th – 10am sharp!
All animals must be checked in and groomed by 10am. The show begins immediately after classification.

Lunch:
Entree provided for a cash donation. Suggested donation: $5
Sides are potluck. All food donations are welcome!

Bob Myers Breeder Award:
Breeders with 10 years or less breeding experience are eligible.
Must show at least 5 animals of your own breeding.
Winners determined by the total points accumulated for their top 5 ranking chins.
Trophies from 1st to 5th place.

Featuring:
Baby Derby, Live Animal Raffle, Door Prize Raffles, 50/50 Raffle

Awards Banquet:
New this year! We will be hosting an awards banquet starting at approximately 6:30PM Saturday night following the show.
Price: $15 per person
Menu: Tossed salad, chicken parmesan, pasta, garlic bread, broccoli, leftover desserts from lunch, a featured dessert and more.
There will be drawings for the table centerpieces as well.
Please RSVP to Mish Irish ([email protected]) by April 1st.

More details about the show can be found on our Chapter Website. Hope to see you there!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
MISH! Could I be more excited?!? It can't come soon enough...like a kid at Christmas. I LOVE the Atlantic Chapter Show and with the new arrangements I think I will just adore it this year. I've always hated the "after show rush" as well as the "scramble to set up" So this will be SO much better. I'm not 100% on specifics yet but was wondering...how much IS membership these days? How much are showbook ads (and where is more info on this)? Would it be okay to bring two separate desserts (one for lunch and one for dinner)? Finally, I'll also be donating SOMETHING for raffle this year just not sure what!

Info on the showbook ads is somewhere in the middle of the show info page. It's $5 for a half page ad, and $10 for a full page. They will be in color.

MCBA membership is $30 a year, the forms are also available on our website under "Join MCBA". You do not need a sponsor anymore, you can just print those two forms off and send them to Brenda with your payment.

You're welcome to bring as many desserts as you like! They will be eaten!

I am WAY super excited about this show and it is still 7 months away! =)

Thank you Mish for posting the info and your hard work finding a new place and keeping up the chapter web site. It's going to be a great show!! Count me in on something for the raffle.

There are still two trophies left for sponsoring if anyone would like to claim one, they are $15 each. =)

ALSO! We are offering a FREE half-page ad to anyone who donates a raffle item. I need to know your intent to donate by March 25th in order to place your ad. You do not need to be present to donate an item and/or run an ad, we welcome anything from anyone. =)

hmm this is close to me I think. I live right outside of Philadelphia, wonder if I can take my family up just to see all the cool chinnies. You said it is 5 bucks just if I go up with my family right?

Mish - I can donate a crocheted throw/blanket like the one I made for the Ohio Claim Show if you want for the Raffle. Any preferences for colors?

Nicole Lemler won the last one I made - I think she liked it.

Ange, you can pay at the show, but if you want to pay ahead of time, you can PP it to me and I'll forward it to Bill. Do you want 5th place Bob Myer or 2nd place baby derby? =)

ChinnieShop - yes! It is $5 for the whole family just to come and watch. The best time to see the chins is during grooming, once the show starts only the animal handlers are allowed where the chins are kept. But! All the raffles are done during the show close to the end, and there will be lots of nice items for pet owners. =)

Juanita, it was a very nice blanket! A few of us were really admiring the craftsmanship! It's really up to you on the colors, but I did hear someone say darker is better, shows less stains. ^^

Thanks so much, Chrissy, your last one with the gardening stuff was VERY popular!

Re: the blanket, I am working on one now in a tone of muted grays and blacks. I have no use for it in my own home but I couldn't resist the yarn as it reminds me so very much of a very rich, dark standard chinchilla - my favorite! It might be perfect for the raffle.

That sounds lovely, Juanita. =)

I'll get in touch with people regarding their ads when we get closer to the show, like Marchish.

Trophy money is already on its way Mish. ( As addressed in e-mails between you and I)

Not sure what my raffles will be just yet.

Hey Mish, it's been two years since I've shown...how are the Bob Myers winners selected again? The criteria? I've always liked competing for it ;)

The Bob Myers awards are for breeders with under 10 years experience, and you have to show at least five chins of your own breeding. You can show more, and if you do only the top five placing chins are used for adding up points. Then, after the show, everyone's points are added up and the five highest breeders get the awards.

Okay, thanks. Couldn't remember if you showed over 5 if they averaged all or just the top 5 :) Makes a difference. I have 5 that should do okay...but 6 & 7 (my itty ebs) won't but I'd like comments

It is not averaged. You can show as many as you like to get comments and feedback on, and your lower placing animals will not bring down your points.

MISH! Trying to "tidy up loose ends" in advance AND...and cannot get the membership forms to work :( keep getting an error message! HELP!

Back