2010 MCBA Nationals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Queen Becky, Ruler of Purpleland
M.C.B.A. 2010 National Live Animal and Pelt Show

March 20, 2010

Place: 4-H Building Auburn, Indiana

Motels:

La Quinta: 306 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 920-1900
Holiday Inn Express: 404 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 925-1900
Auburn Inn: 225 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 925-6363
Days Inn: 1115 West 7th St, Auburn (260) 925-1316
Super 8 Motel: 503 Ley Drive, Auburn (260) 927-8800
Hampton Inn 1020 Smaltz Way, Auburn (260) 925-1100
Comfort Suites: 137 West 15th Street (260) 920-7600

Judges: Jim Ritterspach—Ohio
Dave Woods--Pennsylvania

Show Chairperson: Ron Hummel [email protected]
Banquet Chair: Pam Kleman [email protected]
Auction Chair: Becky West [email protected]
Raffle Chair: Jan Ryerson [email protected]

Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.

Grooming: 6:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.

Costs: Live animals: $5.00
Pelts: $3.00

There will be a $5.00 charge for those attending, and not showing animals. Show books are $5.00, if showing less than 5 animals or pelts.

Vender table: $15.00 (Contact Becky West to reserve a table.)

Classification: 8:00 a.m. pelts
9:30 a.m. live animals

Animals and pelts MUST be ready to be classified or they will not be included in the show.

Pelt Show: 9:00 a.m.

Live Animal Show: Immediately following the pelt show

Lunch and Banquet: Banquet at 7:00 p.m. $25 Menu TBA
Lunch approx. noon $10 Menu TBA

Auction Rules:

1. Animals entered in the show may be included in the auction.

2. Animals not entered in the show will be caged and displayed in a specially marked area. Animals must be caged by the start of the live animal show, and remain caged until the end of the auction.

3. The fee for entering an animal in the auction is $5.OO. There is no additional fee for animals entered in the show.

4. When entering an animal, the owner must indicate a selling price. Once caged, and a price set, the animal may not be withdrawn from the auction.

5. Cage numbers and prices will be listed on a large board. Anyone interested in bidding on an animal will talk to the people at the claiming table. The first bid must be for the price listed. Further bids will be in increments of $10 or more.

6. The National organization will retain ten percent of the final sale price.

7. All animals will be paid for and claimed through the claiming table.

Show Rules:

Live Animals: Limit 20 in each color section.

Master Breeder Award:

Awards will be given in each color section providing there are 10 or more entries in that section. An exhibitor must enter at least 5 in a color section and average 3rd place (min. 15 pts) to be eligible for
Color Section Breeders Award. Total points accumulated for all entries per rancher apply for the Master Breeder’s Award. Exhibitor must show a minimum of 30 animals to be eligible or the Master Breeder’s Award.

Trophies will also be given for Grand Show, Reserve Grand Show, Best Pelt of Show, Second Best Pelt of Show and High Point Pelt Award.

Junior Breeder Award:

A trophy will be given for the most points awarded for a maximum of 3 animals. The animals must be designated prior to the beginning of the show, and must be bred and groomed by the exhibitor. Exhibitors will be expected to answer questions concerning the care and breeding of chinchillas. Anyone under the age of 18 is eligible.

Is anyone from around this area (So. Indiana) or driving through this area wanting to go and interested in carpooling? The show is only about 2 months away and I'm starting to make preliminary plans! :D

We can take my car..I just don't want to make the drive alone!

I live 3 hours straight west of Auburn! I'm definitely going. I wish we could have carpooled Stacie. :( Which hotel are you planning on staying at?

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express last year so I will probably stay there again this year. I need someone to split a room with me too!

Well, I waaaaas going to come, but now that I know Stackie is going to be there.........ewwww. <cough>

Well, I waaaaas going to come, but now that I know Stackie is going to be there.........ewwww. <cough>

PFFFFT! If anything, I should be your main reason for coming!!! :tease:

I turn 21 on the 17th...so this show will also be my first weekend being 21..... ;) Haha actually if it's anything like last year I'll be too tired to even think about being 21.

I gotta talk to Laurie as well but maybe we all can be roomies???? We had a ton of fun at the no gnomes motel in October for the WI show. We had 2 adjoining rooms because there were 5 of us, Laurie, Kristy, Carol, Tawana and me, oh and Becky stopped in for a visit as well.

I gotta talk to Laurie as well but maybe we all can be roomies???? We had a ton of fun at the no gnomes motel in October for the WI show. We had 2 adjoining rooms because there were 5 of us, Laurie, Kristy, Carol, Tawana and me, oh and Becky stopped in for a visit as well.

That would work...anything that makes things cheaper! Heck I'll sleep on the couch! :laughitup:

Just so ya know, I don't snore and I don't kick :D I'd be happy to share a bed with one of you... I GUESS. *snort*

Just so ya know, I don't snore and I don't kick

Not what Amanda said. She said she could hardly sleep for the buzz saw ripping in that room. Right Amanda?

Just booked a room at the HIE! I can't wait! It's such a long show-less spell between Mansfield and Nationals, I get withdrawal.

Well no animals to show, going to educate myself and hoping to bring back an amazing light phase pure standard.
Looking forward to meeting you all.:)

Back