2 males in need of a home :(

AliBergmann

I have 2 male chinchillas, Chili and Queso. Chili is around 6-7 years old and Queso is 3-4. They are so amazing and full of energy and life and it’s breaking my heart that I am looking for a safe and knowledgeable home for them to go to. My husband and I now have an 8 month old son and have been I feel we’ve been unable to provide them with the exercise and attention they need. They’re able to run around together outside their home and play together but have not been able to stay together within their cage. It’s about 6 feet tall and they both have tunnels and ramps and ladders and a bunch of space but I miss the days where I could let them run free in the living room. I want to give them what they deserve :)

Attachments

RylanWebster

I might be an eligible adopter after Covid 19 settles down in my area. Would they come with their cage? How much are you asking for them?

AliBergmann

We never called it a cage lol. Their home would be included, 2 dust baths (one is blue and round the other is shaped like a house and green) a small “cage” to transport them in the car, and whatever supplies I have left (currently a 25lb bag of food, bedding, and hay) it’s important that I find them a safe home to go too. I spoke with a women interested in one and although they can not be together in there home without fighting I want them both to be adopted by someone knowledgeable and loving. We know we’re taking a huge financial loss here but 400 is my asking price. What experience do you have with chinchillas?

RylanWebster

On second thought I don't think I would be able to adopt. I am just looking for a pair so they have company while I am out. I hope you find a good home for them!

AliBergmann

If I was closer I'd take them but I live in California. Hope you find them a good home. You can put an ad up on petfinder or go to a local rescue.
Thank you that’s a good suggestion. The closet rescue place mainly takes dogs and cats. I’ve never seen any other animal there and I wouldn’t want my boys to be mishandled :/ I’ll look into petfinder.

Shadow1986

hope ur sweet chins find good homes I found a friend for stormy at last!! Can’t get him yet but he’s on hold for us.