13" vs 15" Chin-Spin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany

Mia Bella Vita
I was poking around the quality cage website and I noticed that they are now offering a 13" chin spin. It has always annoyed me that they offer an 11" model because it is way too small for a chin (bought one years ago, and sold it to someone who said it's perfect for her rats)

This new 13" wheel is only $4 less then the 15" so I'm wondering is there any real benefit to purchasing it over the larger model? I know the silver surfer is 14", is 13" too small?

My only thought is maybe the slightly smaller wheel would fit better in a smaller cage? It might also be easier for a small chin to handle, however when Latte was 6 months old (430g) she had no trouble handling the 14" silver surfer.

Discuss!

http://qualitycage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2397

I don't really like wheels that are 'wheel shaped'. If I were to buy a 'wheel', I'd definitely get a flying saucer cause I know it would be worht it. So 13, 15 inches for me, I still prefer the other model.

I would get the 15 for their backs... And I will get one once these silver surfers annoy me enough, lol

I've always heard that 14" is the minimum for chins, so I would say, pay the extra $4 and go with the bigger wheel.

I actually can't imagine what need there was to make a "middle" sized wheel (between the 11 and 15). I would think that any animal that could benefit from a larger-than-11"-wheel would do fine on a 15. Crud, I had degus running on a 15 and they definitely could have lived with an 11 or 12.

Back