Carnivore Care

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalandra

For those of you who don't know, Poptart was diagnosed with a basal cell tumor in her throat. It is inoperable/untreatable. She has had some issues with eating hard kibble and I started syringe feeding her just over a week ago to help her eat.

During that time she has had loose stools. I have seen this quite often when a hedgehog moves to a new diet, especially a soft food only diet. Upon the recommendation of a couple of very close friends (who swear by this product), I decided to give carnivore care a shot. My vet's distributor didn't carry carnivore care (only critical care) but I found a site online that sells it. Ordered and received it 2 business days later.

I started adding only a quarter teaspoon of the powder to her food mix (which is given 2xs daily). She loves this product, no fight out of her to eat it. Within 24 hrs her stools started to firm back up. Its now been 3 days and she has solid, normal hedgehog stools again. Plus she is actually putting weight back on. I'm very pleased with this product so far.

I know there are plenty of others who have used this product, but I thought I would start a thread for it. So far, I can see me using this product any time I need to syringe feed to get extra calories in a hedgehog.

Anyone else use it? What were your feelings about it? Did you ever mix it so that it was thicker and feed it from a bowl? I have only made it thin enough to syringe feed so far.

Tuna loved his Carnivore Care and he was extremely picky about everything. He always ate his as a thicker paste out of a bowl.

I've never had much luck with it. I've tried it with a few and they wouldn't touch it unless it was disguised with something else. I haven't tried it in 4 or 5 years so maybe the taste has improved since then.

Back