OMG my hedgie is stinky!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rverk47

is there anything i can do..i change his change 2-3 times a week and spot clean 1-2 times a day..i clean off his wheel in the morning which is always covered with poop..do hedgehogs always have such stinky poop??is there anything i can do to help with the odor??

How old is your hedgehog? Baby hedgehogs often will have a stronger smelling poo than adults. It will typically get better as they age.

I cannot remember if it was spikes or not, but one of those hedgehog foods caused the nastiest smelling stools in my hedgehogs when we tried it many years ago.

does anybody know if spike's delight causes extra stinky poop???huey is probably about 4 monthes old..anybody else have some advice??

how do you know what is safe to give them, i mean food

There are a couple of threads in the diet section that are sticked that can help you with ideas of what foods we feed. Their is a wide variety of high quality cat foods out there that are good. You want to find a low fat version of a high quality food. To name a few good foods: Innova Lite, Katz-n-Flocken, Blue Buffalo, Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul, Natural Balance (the pea variety is well received by many), etc.

Back