Edible chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ippo456

This is the only type of chinchillas that is edible:

dsc_1291-winnie-cake1.jpg

dsc_1293-tubby-cake.jpg

They're modeled after my chinchillas.

ps: they're for a birthday (& I wish I could've taken credit for making them) :)

The white one is the size of a large chinchilla and the grey one is the size of one reallllyy big chinchilla :)

Very cute. I love the little hands and feet on the pink white. :D I may have to try something like this one day.

They're darling!!! Tomorrow I am making Chinchilla cookies and I really wanted to make my friend a Chinchilla cake... her birthday is in May.. maybe you can give me some tips on how you did that top one. :D

They're darling!!! Tomorrow I am making Chinchilla cookies and I really wanted to make my friend a Chinchilla cake... her birthday is in May.. maybe you can give me some tips on how you did that top one. :D

I wish that I was the one who baked & sculpted those cakes!
I tried making an easter bunny cake before, but I failed miserably, so this time around I custom-ordered these from a wedding cake baker.

For the grey one, it's actually a 3-layer cake. For the white one, I have yet to cut it (I don't want to cut it because I, too, think it's the cutest out of the 2 :) ).

The ears, hands, feet, nose, and eyes are from hardened fondant (not as yummy as the cake of course). I specifically requested that the body not be covered with fondant so it's more edible.

what about "breaded" chinchillas? :)

They are super adorable, you did a great job! I would hate to eat them, though!

Hah! That's awesome! I was going to get a chinchilla cake for my birthday yesterday, but the cake lady didn't event know what a chin was.
My step mom decided to do one of my dog instead just incase (even though I gave her tons of pictures of my chin, Mandy)
They did a great job! The white is adorable :)

Back