Chins die sooner?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it all makes since. when i learn that im doing something i shouldnt i change it asap i just hope my chins live to be around for a long while lol like i said my oldest turns 1 on saturday :)

Don't worry Eric. If he's healthy and well taken cared for he could live a looooong time!

I do think ranch chins tend to live longer lives if left to live their natural life. They simply are given the basics. I am a firm believer that the more treats you stuff in a chinchillas mouth, causes a shorter lifespan. Heck--look how many pet chins have GI problems? It's a heck of a lot.

Ranchers may lose part of their herd to illness relalted deaths..but if we are going to count out 'freak accidents' for the pet people, we should count them out for ranchers too. If something is brought in from outside sources, bad feed etc--can't really say it's because they are a ranch chin.

There are so many factors to add up--most if not all mentioned already in this thread. Genetics. Cages. Feed. Care. Heck, prenatal care-- Was mom cared for as she should be when she was pregnant with her kits? Treats. Playtime. Climate. and so on

Back