Picture of conjoined twin babies (warning, very graphic)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashaR

Here are the pictures from Terrah's spay, of her surviving kit Mia, and the twins that were conjoined and did not make it. The one baby's head was ripped open while Terrah was trying to deliver; the other baby was fully intact.

conjoinedtwins.jpg

Here is the vet operating. If you live in Minnesota or near the Twin Cities at all, and EVER have an animal emergency, I recommend the Animal Emergency Clinic there.

Vetoperating.jpg

Here is Terrah post-op

Terrahdrugged.jpg

And the Princess Mia...I am so thankful for her, and thankful that she was born first. If she had been trapped behind the twins, I know she wouldn't have survived.

Mia.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, they really were attached right at the chest. Poor mama chin! There's just no way she could have gotten that out on her own.

Thanks for the pictures, they're interesting even if the first one is a bit sad. :( They would never have been able to survive stuck together like that.

No, they wouldn't have been able to survive. :( I do wonder how they died though...if they were dead in-utero, or if they died when she tried to deliver the first one and ripped it open, or what. I feel awful that it happened, but I know it was a once in a lifetime fluke. (I HOPE! I do NOT want to go through this again!)

And I feel bad that I never checked to see if they were boys or girls. Poor little babies. :(

That's nuts Tasha! I'm happy Mia's doing well and I hope Mama recovers from her spay without a hitch. You should definitely send that first picture to Nicole (Riven) for her website about "bad breeding" experiences.

Wow that is interesting. I hope I never have to see that myself. I will pray for a quick recovery for momma

I'm sorry the twins would have been beautiful. Mom and Princess certainly are. Thanks for posting those pics, I'm sure it wasn't easy to do that. I do believe the twins are having a wonderful time racing around in Chinny heaven. :angel7: :angel7:

Mia is beautimuss Tash. I hope everything goes well with them.

Just out of curiousity, did they happen to X-ray the twins?
Would they have been able to be separated, had they survived, or were they sharing organs, etc?? [affordability aside!]
So interesting!

Just out of curiousity, did they happen to X-ray the twins?
Would they have been able to be separated, had they survived, or were they sharing organs, etc?? [affordability aside!]
So interesting!

If they did X ray the twins, it wasn't on my dollar!! I would like to know more about how they were conjoined as well, but I didn't even think to ask. They did mention maybe autopsy-ing the twins, but I didn't hear anything else about it.

I do wonder if I had gotten Terrah to the vet before she mutilated the one baby if they would have survived. They both looked fully formed, at any rate.

Gosh I'm such a softy. Prayers and tears said for the little ones. Little Princess and her beautiful mom are a blessing to you. Thank you for doing everything for them. They all precious and beautiful girls. Wishing mommy a speedy recovery.

Hope Terrah has a great recovery and congrats on baby Mia, she's a cutie.

Conjoined Twins

I am so sorry for your loss. That's great you were able to post the pictures so others can see the not so fun side of breeding. Mia is absolutely adorable and her mother is beautiful. I pray they both stay strong & beautiful!

Back