Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > News & Questions > News & Questions
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

News & Questions Check for important information and post general questions about the forum and its operation here.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:31 PM United States
Always into something...

Default Advertising

{Posted for Peg}

Thus far, things have been progressing nicely here on CnH, and we're all very pleased to see such a great turn out (I was very grateful to get off that 666!). But, we have run into a bit of a snag with our chat program. Apparently it is draining the resources of our chat server. Because of this, at times it is limited, and at other times it just shuts down for no reason. We have made some decisions regarding changing our chat program.

With this in mind, we have searched for and found what we feel will be a much better chat that will integrate wonderfully with our forum. The monthly hosting fee is not an issue for us, however, the initial outlay is. With this in mind, we have decided to offer advertising for our CnQ members in the form of a tasteful banner that will be displayed at the top of the forum, underneath our forum logo. These will NOT be blinky, flashy, huge, obnoxious banners. They will fade in and out, so as to not annoy our members. The banners will constantly rotate on a timer, so everyone's banners will be seen for an equal amount of time.

If you are interested in advertising, and I have already had many people ask about it, please submit a banner that is "standard banner size" at 468 x 60, in .gif format (See Example Below) to Kalandra or email it to her at Kalandra@gmail.com with "CnH Advertising" in the subject line. She will be the one putting the banners up for display. If you need help with a banner, please let Kalandra know. You are welcome to use your site logo, your name, or whatever you like in your banner, as long as it is family friendly, and adheres to the no blinky, flashy, huge, or obnoxious guidelines. If you need to ask if it is obnoxious, it probably is.

You are welcome to advertise your store, your website (hobbyists, breeders, etc.), or your rescue. Pricing is as below:

Stores, breeder sites: $5.00 per month, paid a year in advance ($60.00 per year)
Rescues: $2.50 a month, paid a year in advance, with 501c information provided. ($30.00 per year)

We are offering a discounted rate to rescues, because they generally have limited resources, but are a vital part of our forum community in their placement of unwanted animals; however, that discounted rate will only be offered to proven, legitimate, approved rescues.

This advertising does not entitle you to a piece of the pie, so to speak. It will not get you special privileges or mean that you own a part of chat. It is strictly a business relationship, where we provide you an opportunity to get your name/product/rescue out there to a fairly large and constantly growing audience.

If you have any questions, please post them here as I'm sure others will have them as well.

EXAMPLE -

468 wide x 60 tall

EDITED TO ADD: We have had several requests to do a half yearly payment (which I can understand right about now in our economy), and that is fine. So the breakdown would be:

Regular advertising, full year, $60.00/half year $30.00
Rescue advertising, full year, $30.00/half year $15.00
Old 02-14-2009, 04:38 PM Ireland
aka. Chinnie Kisses.

Chinchillas: 1

Really nackered now so am very sorry if this has been posted above!

Does that mean that there will only be ONE advertisement allowed for that year? (As you would have to pay for that yr in advance.)
- The 'fading in and out' states that right?

www.maemahon.com
Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 PM United States
Queen Becky, Ruler of Purpleland

Chinchillas: 250

If there are 20 people who advertise, then the banner will fade from one to another, until all have been shown. Then, they will start over.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:08 PM United States
Always into something...

Similar to how the "attention-getter" is doing up there now. Say the first one was one ad, and the second one was another ad. They are both being displayed for 3 seconds - equal time. How many ever ads there are, it'll just keep going thru all the ads until they're done and then start all over at the beginning.

That being said, I have to generate the ad by putting the images in order and then having the animation play. So, here's what I'm proposing. (Not exactly set in stone, we can possibly hear ideas on this part...) Say we have 20 ads total. I'll associate a letter with each ad and then associate each letter with a week. So when it's an A week, all ads with A will play first, B second, C third, and D last. The next week, it'll be a B week, so then A moves to the end and everyone else will move up and so on. So that noone is ever at the beginning or the end more than 1 week.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Rickman

Would this be open to corporate sponsors, or just members?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 PM United States
Administrator/Owner

Chinchillas: 300'

Rick, pm me with what you had in mind and I'll let you know.

Our thoughts at this point are that this is for our forum, for chinchilla and hedgehog related ads. I'm not sure we're interested in PetSmart or Petco, because most of what they offer is not chinchilla/hedgehog safe anyway.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:32 PM United States

Hedgehogs: 7

Thanks for posting this info!
www.PricklesNQuills.com
Old 02-14-2009, 07:41 PM United States
Chinnie kisses!

Chinchillas: 3

Will this service be available throughout the year? Or will there be limited spots and all ads must be submitted by a certain day and then that's it for the year?

RIP Apollo
Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 PM United States
Administrator/Owner

Chinchillas: 300'

Do you mean can you join in later Therese? Sure. I doubt we'll have such a rush that there won't be enough room for everybody.

If that should end up being the case, then we'll have to set some parameters for the next advertising cycle, but as of right now, we don't see a problem.

Amanda put my banner up there so you all could see an actual banner with some information on it. Guess if I leave it up there I'll actually have to update my site and take pictures. *sigh*

Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 PM United States
<--My sweet girl Gregory

Chinchillas: 2

Will the ads be clickable? I like to click on things!

Romeo ?? - 3/13/12

Ralph 12/19/07 - 10/07/09
Your pawprint will always be on my heart, little boy.

Rest in sweet peace my sweet fwuff Gregory ?? - 12/14/07