Chins & Hedgies

It is Central Time
Go Back   Chins & Hedgies > Chin Forums > Chin Emergencies
Register Chat FAQ Shop Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chin Emergencies Guidance given in this forum does not substitute for PROPER VET CARE.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:13 PM United States

Default Please help donít know if he is hurt

hi Guys I have an emergency question
My chin was hanging out on the edge of his cage while I had it open from the top. I always watch him when he does this because his cage opens from the top and not the side . The door is big so I have to hold it when heís on the edge or else it would fall on him if it swings closed . He made a quick movement while I wasnít holding it and it fell and hit his back I tried to stop it but it happened too fast . He didnít make a weird noise or anything but Iím really worried that he has a bump or bruise idk if itís my paranoia but it looks like he has a bump or bruise on his back. Kinda like a humpback. Again idk if itís my paranoia and Iím noticing more things but his breathing looks a little harsh and he was sneezing after it happened. I feel horrible and donít know what to do. I canít afford to take him to the vet today but if I have to Iíll take him
Old 09-11-2019, 07:18 AM United States
Administrator/Owner

Chinchillas: 300'

How is he now? Chins are pretty scrappy. I wouldn't think a door would do much damage unless it hit him just right. Hunchback is usually a sign of malnutrition, not injury. Is he moving around? Has he eaten, taken a drink, the usual chin stuff? The sneezing also seems to be a coincidence as one would rarely relate to the other.