Chinchilla lost in appartement

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeerassik

Hello all,
Sunday when me and my girlfriend were taking a nap our2yo female that we had since june managed to escape from her cage. We followed the little poops she left behind and to our horror found out she went under the kitchen counter. We also found out that one of the plank from the floor under there was broken. We also saw with a phone taped to a broom that she went in there because of the poops. However, we do not hear her and she won't come back. We tried making the hole bigger so that she can jump through easily. We put treats and fresh hay next to the hole. She usually never eat anything that is not dry so nothing has a strong smell. Any tips on how we can find her/ make her get out of there?

I assume she gets excited when you get a certain treat container/package or the sound of the dust bath? I can tap on the bath house.

Since it's been so many days, you need to start removing more of the floor. It need to be repaired anyway. If you have a safe LED light you can lower in the floor, that might help.

You have to expect she is lost and can't find her way back. If you don't have concrete firewalls between apartments, she can be anywhere in the building. I would talk to your building's management to let them know and see if they can help. They might understand the construction better and have an idea.

Back