the Angel Chinchilla Exercise Wheel from Heavenly Chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

Resident Hooligan on holi
Hiya Guys :) ...

If you've been wanting or needing an exercise wheel for your chinchilla(s) but you really don't like the idea of spending $100 or more for something like the Chin' Spin or the Flying Saucer & you've been looking for more feasible options or thinking about making one yourself, chances are you've read or watched a DIY chinchilla exercise wheel video online..

Like you I've read a couple DIY chinchilla exercise wheel tutorials and watched a few videos on the subject. I was planning on ordering a 3 gallon utility pan off of Amazon, then sourcing a wheel from a rollerblade and putting German or Swiss bearings in it if it didn't have one or the other in it already. Then I was planning on going down to my local hardware store and sourcing all of the necessary grade 5 bolts, fender washers and Wing nuts that I would need to assemble a chinchilla exercise wheel, then use a drill press to get all the necessary holes drilled Plumb and square to assemble everything correctly.

Before I could get around to doing just that I happen to be putting a couple orders together on both eBay and Amazon when I happen to run across theAngel chinchilla exercise wheel from Heavenly Chinchillas :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O74S7I...colid=6K7699K3J83A&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_if

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Angel-wheel-...693960?hash=item3f9733cc88:g:uXMAAOSw63FaLdnC

After looking real close at the available pictures for the exercise wheel and reading all of the Amazon reviews I realized that I didn't have to build an exercise wheel for my chin myself and I had found that more feasible alternative that I had been looking for so I ordered one. now that I have the angel wheel in hand and I've had a chance to look it over for all intents and purposes it's exactly what I was planning on putting together myself from the get-go.

With that being said I thought I do a quick review of the Angel chinchilla exercise wheel for those that might be wondering about it. Now I'm not a go-to source for chinchilla information but I am an automotive mechanic and a construction trades contractor so I know all about engineering & I recognize nice work when I see it and I give credit where credit is due :) .

All the bolts, fender washers & wing nuts are properly sized grade #5 hardware. All the holes are drilled Plumb and square. The main center bolt that the wheel spins on is braced with a fender washer on the inside of the wheel and has an X brace on the backside of the wheel that adds structural rigidity and is the same width as the rollerblade wheel that bolts to the cage with more Fender washers and Wing nuts. The bolts that go through the rollerblade wheel are also drilled Plumb and square in the perimeter of and countersunk into the wheel & are finished off with 8 Fender washers and 4 lock nuts to securely attach it to the cage. All in all it's very nicely done and well worth $50 and it saves me the time Hassle and effort of rounding everything up I would need and building one myself so I thought I'd pass it along :) ...

Attachments

• tmp-cam-806970253.jpg
    tmp-cam-806970253.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 4
  • tmp-cam-488213219.jpg
    tmp-cam-488213219.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
  • tmp-cam-1277374842.jpg
    tmp-cam-1277374842.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 3
  • tmp-cam-1507104275.jpg
    tmp-cam-1507104275.jpg