My Chinchilla is scaring me

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLoneWanderer

Today, my chinchilla is acting very quiet, usually, shes very loud and vocal about every little thing and always whines for me let her out. Since today is the day before Thanksgiving, I ignored her partially because there is many things I had to get done before tomorrow. When I finally got around to seeing her, she was sitting in the corner of the cage, hunched over. I pulled her out with little to no resistance and sat with her. She leaned her head against my hand and this was very strange because shes usually very alert and trying to sniff everything. I put her back in her cage and gave her a tablet that help digestion, to see if she would eat because she loves those. She took it, but on her way to jumping down to the final level of the cage she sort of fell on her side. I have no idea what to do, the vet is not open tomorrow, and I don't want her to suffer. She is only 3 years old and she's been having soft stool for a little while. I restricted her to hay only to see if it would help the situation. I will be taking her to the vet on Friday but I'm so worried something else is the issue, please help!

Back