hello newbe here

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rita123

not got my little one yet.
in the process of setting up the house for him/her.
i have a 6 foot by 4 foot pen which will go in the spare room. i keep lizards so i know about heater and thermostats, which will go on top of the cage.
i am not sure what to put on the bottom of the cage as it will be sitting on my carpet so i will need to protect the carpet and keep it clean and dry. any advice on what to use.
also i have read that the hoggies get dirty on the wheel, has anyone come up with a running board, like the one you use in the gym. just a thought. love these little hoggies. i have dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, lizards and 3 aquariums use to have ferrets but sadly no longer with us. this looks like a great site and have enjoyed reading it. thank you for reading and look forward to all your great advice and help. :thumbsup:

The bottom of the cage? Like the floor of the cage itself? If it's one you're building yourself, I'd suggest coroplast. You can cut it to the size you need and will protect your flooring.

cheers i have ordered some coroplast to go round the side so he can't climb.
i have ordered some waterproof mats to go under the run. i will add some photo's when it all starts coming together.

Back