Is this a good chinchilla cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket29

Rocket&Bilbo
Hi, I'm might be adopting a second chinchilla soon and I'm searching for cages. Currently I have the feisty ferret cage for my chinchilla. The cages I'm most interested in are the critter nation and ferret nation. However, I found this cage being sold on craigslist. The owner has been using it for chinchillas as well. Is this a good cage?

Please tell me your opinions on this cage.
Thanks

00q0q_gxDZLm64vKr_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• pet cage.JPG
    pet cage.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 11
Well it looks like a converted birdcage, and not really converted very well either. It's hard to tell size but it doesn't look very big or safe in it's current setup. If you were to fix it up depending on the size it might be ok for one chin. Personally I would just save up for a proper cage, for an adult chin I would go with the Ferret Nation. Ideally a double FN, a single is big enough for one chin but more room is always nice.

I'm purchasing another feisty ferret cage that I got a good deal on. It's the exact one I already have (two floors, two extra platforms, hammock). Is this a good cage? I understand the bars can be weak, but I worked around that by adding more washers and screws to my ledges.

The feisty ferret cages aren't terrible, but they aren't as good as a double ferret nation either. They are smaller, cheaper, and more prone to rust, they also have only one door that opens rather then both doors on a double FN. Since you already have one so you know what they are like, and you are ok with it, then it's a perfectly fine cage.

Back