The Oldest Chinchilla ever!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minccino

Chin-sational
The oldest chinchilla on record lived to be 29 years old!
Can you imagine having a pet for almost 30 years? That's pretty darn cool!
His name was Radar (a good name for those big ears lol) and here is the link!

I thought I heard about a chin that lived to be 32?. I have a chin that will be 22 in March - he was born in my home (my first litter)

Yes, I thought it was interesting enough to share! I like reading about different records, especially when it comes to animals. :))

I thought I heard about a chin that lived to be 32?. I have a chin that will be 22 in March - he was born in my home (my first litter)

That could very well be true! I'm sure there has been older chins, but people don't bother to submit it into the records (or unless they can't prove it).

That's really exciting that your own chin has made it to the 20s :)) I would be very proud! I hope he gets many more years!

Last edited:
Ashley from Golden chinchillas in colorado had a 29 year old, I believe he was tatooed with papers that verified his age. His name was Gramps.

Last edited:
Ashley from Golden chinchillas in colorado had a 29 year old, I believe he was tatooed with papers that verified his age. His name was Gramps.

Cuute! What a coincidence he was named 'Gramps' for how old he lived to be.. or did it become a nickname when he turned elderly?

Back