What's that in the bin bag???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newt

Hubby was outside the other night, and heard a strange rustling noise... coming from INSIDE the bin bag that we'd just put out. In NZ we don't use the metal trash cans, we just put the bags on the roadside on the night before collection. As you can imagine, often we find dogs and cats rip through them for scraps, and we end up picking up all the bits.

But whatever was in this bag must have been small: with no holes in the bag, we could only assume something had gotten in through the hole where we'd tied the bag handles together. Whatever it was had burrowed down deep.... this bag needed surgery, STAT!

So we broke out the heavy duty scissors and got to work. And found a hedgehog!! In the bin!! Eating goodness knows what!!

Well we liberated the cheeky wee thing eventually. He was tiny... only just bigger than my hand, obviously a young one. He stayed in a ball for a very long time, but we stayed quiet long enough to see him wander off, and get one good snap!

The bin bags now go in our shed, as they're apparently not hedgie-proof!!

Attachments

• DSCF1464.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 73
  • DSCF1467.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 67
  • DSCF1469.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 67
Strangely enough, I can't see the pics either. I haven't been able to see pics in other threads either.
Can you girls see pics in other recent threads? Dunno if this is some more widespread problem on the forum right now....

Back